Procurement & Logistics Assistant
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
Please note all qualifications will be verified before formal job offer. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
All applicants should send a cover letter and an updated CV no longer than four pages, both in the same language as the vacancy note. Your CV should also include contact details of three professional referees.
Applications submitted elsewhere will not be taken into consideration.
Deadline for applications is the 3rd of September 2023. However, due to the urgency of the position DCA has the right to interview, select, and hire prior to the closing date.
DCA Lebanon has worked in mine action since 2007. In addition to reducing the harm from explosion, clearance activities also release contaminated land for socio-economic development in the context of rising demands from the local and refugee population. In 2012, DCA began implementing humanitarian and development projects through local partners and scaled up its operations in 2021 due to the deepening crisis in country.
The overall objective of this role is supporting the team to adhere to all Logistics and Procurement management obligations internally within DCA.
The Procurement and Logistics Assistant is responsible for providing support in managing the flow of goods and materials between suppliers, manufacturers, warehouses, and office. He/she works closely with other staff to ensure timely and efficient delivery of goods.
He/she contributes to the development and the processes of Pro/log department which are translated into action plans and day to day tasks.
- Coordinate and schedule delivery of goods and materials.
- Prepare and process procurement documents.
- Communicate with suppliers, manufacturers, and customers regarding delivery requirements.
- Assist in inventory management and tracking.
- Ensure that all orders are tracked from point of planning till request and through the final receipt.
- Participate in the joint verification of procured goods and equipment and ascertain the items to the technical specification and quantities requested.
- Check that all assets are properly recorded and tagged.
- Assist with Fleet Management as needed.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and safety requirements.
- Ensure procurement tracker is updated.
- Data entry of vehicle log sheets, prepare fuel and car summary reports, and payment requests.
- Assist the Senior Procurement and Logistics Officer with tender preparation, bid committees, contracts’ issuance, monitoring, and payments.
- Scan, verify, and upload of procurement documents into databases. The scanned copies of the documents need to be legible; make any adjustments necessary for clean scans and will be responsible for organizing scanned documents on various local network and PPD.
- Assist in producing and maintaining logistics tools and trackers.
- Prepare asset and equipment hand over sheets to staff.
- Ensure a proper archiving of records for administration, logistics, and procurement documents.
- Assess the needs and oversee the installation of office equipment.
- Handover sheets and monitoring for assets handed over to staff and consultants.
- Scanning and filing of procurement and consultants’ files.
- Ensure monthly reports related to logistics and procurement are submitted on a monthly basis.
- Assist in Issue RFQ, obtain quotes, prepare Summary Bid Analysis sheets, and present to authorize signatories for approval.
- Assist in Issue PO, service agreements, consultancy agreements, and other types of agreements in accordance with DCA procurement policy.
- Minimum three years of relative experience; preferable experience in NGO but not necessary.
- Good IT skills; including MS Office, Teams, and ADMIND.
- Professional driving license.
- Diploma in business or supply management or Related Field.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and technical skills.
- Fluent written/spoken English and Arabic.
- Team oriented and should have a good sense of humor.
- Demonstrate and promote DanChurchAid values by being Compassionate, Proactive, Responsible, and Respectful.
- 6-Month renewable contract depending on performance and donor funding.
- 20 days of leave and all national holidays are paid time off.
- Good colleagues in a rewarding and empowering workplace.
- Insurance as per industry standards.
- An interesting and challenging experience, addressing humanitarian needs.
- Training opportunities to help you grow professionally.
Daleel Madani, the civil society network, serves as a platform for organisations to post their professional opportunities, but is not involved in the recruitment process. The hiring organisation is solely responsible for the job and candidate selection.