Responsible to: Finance and Operations Director
Location: Either Beirut or Nairobi
Salary: Competitive package commensurate with experience
Type of contract: 2-year, with a view to extend (part-time possible)
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date for Applications: 23:59 GMT Sunday 29 July 2018
Overview of the role
Crisis Action is an organisation that places great emphasis on high levels of professionalism and effectiveness. We are looking for an Operations Manager to join our team to help us achieve the highest levels of operational standards. You will be a strong technical "all rounder" who has a good understanding of IT plus experience of working with Salesforce.
You will be responsible for maintaining and developing existing systems whilst always seeking to improve processes to ensure our small but global team can be optimally effective in their mission to help protect civilians from the horrors of war.
We are looking for a skilled professional who will take real pride and satisfaction from making things work well and making other people’s lives easier. You’ll be able to take a zoomed-out, strategic approach to solving problems, but equally you’ll be up for rolling up your sleeves and getting on with more basic administrative tasks where necessary.
We’re looking for someone who is flexible, bright, positive and energised. Attention to detail and good project management skills is paramount. You will be a highly-valued, critical member of our tight-knit, hard-working team.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
IT Systems, Security and infrastructure
- Ensure that Crisis Action’s IT systems and operations are effective and optimal for global use, including leadership and development and updating of business rules and user guides for Office 365.
- In conjunction with our external IT support you will lead the organisation on IT security, ensuring we have sufficient training and systems in place to minimise risk of IT vulnerability.
- Research and scope the development of new applications to improve productivity in the office, keep the SMT abreast of new software and the benefits of its application and project manage roll out should the decision be taken to implement.
- Develop and deliver the necessary training and support across the team to ensure they have the skills and knowledge to use our IT systems to be as efficient and effective as possible.
- Lead and be responsible for Crisis Action’s Salesforce.com instance.
- Support in building a strategic plan which outlines where we want to be with Salesforce in the next 3-5 years.
- Ensure that our Salesforce instance (including the data and access within it) complies with Crisis Action’s data protection, security and disaster recovery policies.
- Develop business rules for best practice of Salesforce usage and monitoring systems to ensure compliance with rules whilst working with office Salesforce Champions to identify and fill gaps in knowledge across the team.
- Develop and maintain user guides and training resources inline with the business rules.
- Lead and be responsible for ensuring office Salesforce Champions have the necessary skills and knowledge to deliver training for their respective team members.
Compliance, Risk and Information Management
- Create, implement and maintain IT security and disaster recovery policies across all systems.
- Work with the Finance and Operations Director to maintain an organisational risk register and manage risk appropriately.
- Implement appropriate policies to ensure organisational compliance with data protection regulations, including data retention and destruction, home and remote working, emails and the internet (e.g. in line with GDPR Regulations).
- Create and maintain an organisational asset register.
Essential skills and experience:
- Strong grasp of IT software, Microsoft Office 365, Salesforce and other cloud-based knowledge management systems
- Digital native – strong command of IT and computer systems in general
- Possesses and uses systems to ensure exceptional prioritization, project management, organization and timely delivery
- Strong attention to detail and desire to uphold a culture of accountability across the organization
- Ability to work well under pressure, and changing demands and priorities when required by external events or strategic opportunities
- A commitment to Crisis Action’s aims
The following would be an advantage:
Experience working for a global organization, across different time zones and with offices in different countries
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply via our online system no later than 23:59 GMT Sunday 29 July 2018. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. We regret that due to the volume of applications we cannot respond individually to each applicant.