Short Term Experts - ARE Activity
Interested applicants must submit an email including the below list of requirements to LebanonAre Recruitment on [email protected] and write in the subject line: ""EOI-STE-mention here your area of expertise". Applications that do not follow this naming methodology in the subject line will not be considered. Following screening of elegible candidates who meet the needs of ARE program, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for furthur screening and interviewing. Chemonics ARE program does not commit to offer contracts to shortlisted candidates. The purpose of the this REOI is to have a pool of screened consultnats under various functions and expertise. The consultants will then be contacted in case the need arise for a certain consultancy.
Applications must include:
- Copy of Passport or National ID
- Past Work Experience schedule including assignment title and brief description, client name, work done, and point of contact
- Three references; references that do not include name, title, phone, and email will not be accepted
- A copy of the highest awarded education certificate
- Daily consulting rate requested
- Ministry of Finance registration “ تسجيل مؤسسة” or “ مهنة حرة”. If not provided, 7.5% from invoice will be dedcuted
Objective of the Request for Expressions of Interest (REOI)
This request for EOIs "for Shrt Term Experts (STE) is intended to help ARE pre-identify individuals that may be hired to engage in specialized consulting work under ARE for both immediate opportunities as well as over the duration of the implementation period. Applicants who meet the minimum requirements posed by this REOI, shall be invited to join ARE’s list of prequalified consultants. Being a ‘prequalified consultant’ is not a guarantee for work under ARE; rather it means that selected consultants, who will be vetted against minimum criteria, shall be eligible for short-listing without further application for relevant short-term consulting assignments that may arise when specialized technical assistance opportunities may arise throughout the implementation period of ARE.
Interested applicants must submit an email including the below list of requirements to LebanonAre Recruitment on [email protected] and write in the subject line: ""EOI-STE-area of expertise". Applications that do not follow this naming methodology in the subject line will not be considered.
Individual consultants will support ARE in different sectors and technical areas.
Below is an illustrative list of areas of expertise that might be required:
- SME Development and Entrepreneurship: business planning, organizational capacity development and economic feasibility studies for small, medium enterprises (SME), cooperatives, or farms;
- Agricultural production including organic farming, good agricultural practices (Please note any particular crop-specific specializations you may have); Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- Post-harvest handling and management;
- Agricultural and agro-processing quality standards, food safety (esp. HACCP, GMP) and related processes;
- Agricultural extension/education/training, including curriculum development, capacity building, and Training of Trainers;
- Agricultural value chain and sub-sector assessment and studies (experience using Buyer-Led and/or Market Systems approaches highly desired);
- Global GAP and other internationally recognized agricultural certification schemes;
- Irrigation and on-farm water management;
- Agri/agro market linkages (Domestic & International Target Markets)
- Marketing of agri/agro products (Domestic & International Target Markets)
- Livestock and dairy;
- Transport, logistics and packaging of agri/agro products;
- Gender expertise especially in agricultural sectors and in rural and peri-urban areas;
- Income generation and job creation (rural livelihoods development);
- Water and wastewater management for agro-processing and light manufacturing;
- Agricultural machinery operations and training;
- Renewable energy, especially for use in agriculture and/or agro-processing domains;
- Access to finance and financial services (with financial and micro-financial institutions), with emphasis on agricultural products; experience with alternative financing instruments highly desired (mezzanine financing, private equity, blended finance, etc.);
- Environmental impact assessment (EIA), Environmental management and compliance;
- Solid waste management;
- Agri/agro products export promotion and investment;
- Agribusiness/agroprocessing infrastructure;
- Other related agricultural and development sectors.
Interested individual consultants shall have the capacity to enter into a short-term technical assistance (STTA) contract and shall have a satisfactory performance record and record of integrity and business ethics.
- Must have at minimum a bachelor’s degree; masters preferred in a technical area of interest
- For junior consultants, at least five years of demonstrated relevant experience in the suggested sector or area of expertise;
- For senior consultants, at least 10 years of demonstrated relevant experience in the suggested sector or area of expertise;
- Experience working in Lebanon’s rural communities required, with experience working in vulnerable and unstable communities preferred;
- Previous donor experience preferred;
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction;
- Proven ability to work within a team of experts for the production of more complex analytical work;
- Strong English reporting writing skills.
- Submittals for individual consultants:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Copy of Passport or National ID;
- Past work experience schedule stating assignment title, a brief description of the assignment, client name, the value of work done (preferable per day) and point of contact;
- Three (3) references (references listed should be from supervisors or other individuals who reviewed the consultant’s completed work);
- A copy of the highest awarded education certificate;
- Daily consulting rate requested;
Individual consultants or firms that appear on the List of Parties Excluded from Federal Procurement and Non-Procurement Programs. The list can be found at http://epls.gov.