Please mention in the subject of your email the title of the position you are applying for. Interviews are being conducted on a rolling basis.
Your resume and Cover letter will be forwarded to the HR department for review against the requirements for the role in which you have expressed interest. A member of our Human Resources team will contact you soon if your profile is considered for the job vacancy, and if more information is needed. If you are not being approached by our Human Resources team, please consider your application automatically registered in our database
CARE International in Lebanon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any Kind. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
CARE International in Lebanon and its employees abide by the CARE International Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and Child Safeguarding Policies
1. Purpose (Please highlight the general functions for which the position is responsible. Why does the position exist and what must it accomplish)
CARE is a leading relief and development non-governmental organization fighting global poverty. Established in 1946, it is now a confederation composed of 14 members and 4 affiliates. In 2016, CARE worked in 84 countries around the world, supporting development and humanitarian aid projects to reach more than 83 million people. While CARE is a large international organization with more than 11,000 employees worldwide, we have a strong local presence: 95% of our staff are nationals of the countries where our programs are run.
CARE International in Lebanon is in urgent need to employ a Recruitment Officer to join and support the HR team in Emergency Recruitments and help find the best candidates that fit with the needed positions
2. Reporting Lines
(Indicate whom the employee reports to)
This position will report to the Senior HR and Admin Officer
3. Organizational Relationship
(Indicate who the employee guides and supervises)
4. Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Describe the major responsibilities, principal tasks, competencies and end results for which the position is accountable (limit responsibilities to five). Include WHY it is done and the impact to the organization. List the responsibilities in the order of importance and state the percentage of time the employee spends on each responsibility during a typical year.
For manager positions, please add a responsibility of team management
JOB RESPONSIBILITY 1: Recruitment and Staffing (100% of time)
- Assess staffing needs as required after coordination with line manager and emergency team.
- Coordinate the timely and effective recruitment of emergency and other personnel.
- Assist in the preparation of standard job descriptions, terms of reference per function and ensure submission of personnel requisitions in coordination with Country Director and Line Managers/Supervisors.
- Prepare regular recruitment tracking reports
- Ensure pertinent organigrams, contact lists, and information flow lines are constantly updated and widely shared.
- Review JDs, online posting, screening of resumes, schedules interviews, ensure proper documentation of interview panel, reference check, vetting and due diligence, prepare job offer as per CIL salary grade, issue employment contract, and ensure employee folder is complete.
- Onboarding: Prepare the orientation schedule for new joiners, ensure proper HR induction and signatures of code of conduct, PSEA, and other polices, prepare for the new joiner’s workstation and equipment, update orientation package as required, and assist in the NSSF and medical insurance coverage.
- Assist in producing and maintaining other HR checklists and trackers
- Perform clerical functions of scanning of all HR documents with due diligence. This includes employment agreements, vetting, NSSF registration, and similar
- Monitor and update the HRMIS
Perform other duties as assigned by Line Manager
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES AS ASSIGNED BY LINE MANAGER
5. Qualifications / special skills or knowledge
(Indicate what expertise and experience, i.e. special skills or knowledge are required / essential to perform the specific tasks and responsibilities stipulated above)
a. Skills & knowledge:
- Experience in Recruitment and HR Regulations with basic knowledge of the Lebanese Labor Law.
- Extensive knowledge in Staff Recruitment, Onboarding, Recruitment Cycle
- Extensive experience interacting with and relating to gender professionals and international stakeholders at senior level.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong internal relationships and networks.
- Motivated self-starter who enjoys working in a collaborative and international environment
b. Experience: Number of months/ years of previous professional experience in a similar position.
Examples: languages; planning; budgeting; word-processing, basic accounting; advanced written communications; presentations; fundraising; training/facilitation, etc.
At least 1-3 years of relevant experience, especially at NGOs, academic organizations, standard-setting bodies, public agencies focused on Recruitment
c. Academic background: ex. high school diploma; college degree (specify major/minor); specialty (ex. Accounting). Include the following phrase when possible: “or equivalent combination of education and work experience.”
Master’s degree in one or several of the following areas: HR, Management or equivalent
- Languages: English and/ or Arabic are the working language of CARE International in Lebanon.
- of other languages is an asset.
PSEA and Save Guarding Child policy
CARE International in Lebanon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
CARE International in Lebanon and its employees and stakeholders abide by the CARE International Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) and Child Safeguarding Policies.