Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (at MEHE)
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by MEHE-PMU management;
- Ensure proper filing of documents;
- Ensure accurate and word to word data collection and entry, cleaning, compiling and upload;
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement;
- Assist with administrative and logistic requirements of the M&E activities;
- Develop and implement M&E systems, including M&E tools;
- Support program staff in planning for and executing M&E, including, data collection methodology and tools and data management, analysis and use;
- Support the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations, assessments and monitoring data in programme development, adjustment, or review.
- Follow and stay updated on data collection protocols;
- Support the program various activities in direct coordination with the concerned PMU Consultants. This includes, but not limited to the following:
- Cleaning and uploading data into databases;
- Crosschecking (validating) databases for conflicts, and flagging data discrepancies;
- Preparing and filing relevant documents according to procedures;
- Complete data analysis of outcome data and support with qualitative data analysis;
- Ensure that program staff validate and upload monitoring data into the PMU reporting system in a timely manner;
- Assist with other M&E duties as required.
The M&E officer is seconded by the BTF to MEHE-PMU to support the integration of the developed Information Management System – IMS: to record/systematize the referral from non-formal education to formal education; and to support the joint Monitoring of the project Back to the Future 2, in line with the project proposal.
The line management of the M&E staff will be exclusive responsibility of the MEHE-PMU including daily task, however one of the task is supporting the IMS development and test.
When BTF needs of coordination or meeting with the M&E officer related to the two tasks above, this will be requested and agreed in advance with MEHE-PMU.
In terms of reporting, BTF will receive a monthly time schedule filled by the M&E officer’s and signed by his/her line manager, the that will be used as source of verification to issue the payment of monthly or periodical fees and justify the expenses to the donor, the EU.
The M&E officer will also:
- act as the focal point for the consortium M&E team (BTF M&E manager, BTF Data manager); and
- facilitate the work of the IMS consultant, hired by BTF, and tasked in agreement with MEHE-PMU to develop, test and finally deliver the said Information Management system to MEHE-PMU within the agreed timeline.
 See BTF project approve (pg.20): “In addition, BTF2 will support the joint M&E through the deployment of a seconded member of staff to MEHE-PMU and the development a M&E system for NFE.”
 An Information Management System consultant will be hired by BTF based on the based on the IMS TOR designed together with MEHE-PMU