Data Analyst - RE-ADVERTISEMENT
Interested Candidates are invited to send their CV and Cover Letter by Wednesday, October 21, 2020 to: [email protected].
The Subject of the e-mail should be : "Data Analyst + Your name".
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Support the efforts to strengthen and harness data for management and decision making, and timely communication and visibility support
- Ensure quality EPI data, desegregated by nationality, sex and age.
- Support in providing needed data by EUTF Third Party Monitoring Team/ EUTF evaluation team or other requested data
- Interpret EPI data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Perform data quality analysis on health information system platforms (PHENICS and MERA), and develop data monitoring tools and indicators to access data quality
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Track that the consumption and stock data of vaccines are collated from all PHCs and provided on timely manner to UNICEF for accurate forecasting of agreed supply
- Support IT department in providing several indicators to be automatically tracked through EPI electronic registry (such as quality indicators to ensure effective storage of vaccines at all EPI points; quality indicators to ensure acceptable wastage of vaccines and proper vaccine waste management; and no stock out any EPI point).
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems. Support in any quantitative or qualitative data collection that is needed for assessing or monitoring EPI services in the field.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance
- Identify and recommend new process improvement opportunities
- The work is of a highly confidential nature and the Analyst must maintain the highest standards of confidentiality
- Any other tasks as required by the director of the EPI.
Bachelor's Degree in Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Public Health, Nursing, or another related clinical field, required.
Master's Degree in Public Health (epidemiology and biostatistics concentration) is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- At least three (3) years of experience in data analysis of health-related data sets.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication, problem solving and team facilitation skills, required.
- Ability to develop recommendations and provide consultation to solve problems related to organizational compliance; ability to exercise judgment in interpreting and applying standards, policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with a varied of disciplines and levels of staff across departments
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and data analysis software (SPSS, R, Stata).
- Fluent in English and Arabic (French is of added value)