Please send your application document (CV) with the Cover Letter in pdf-document to Tankamel Sawa: [email protected]
Subject of the email: Enumerators-Volunteers
Reports to: MEAL Officer
Working Area: North and Akkar governorates
JOB PURPOSE AND BACKGROUND:
As an Enumerator-Volunteer, you will be based in the Mina, Tripoli office and will be responsible for conducting interviews and assessments of Syrian refugees and their Lebanese host community households/individuals. Your primary role will be to collect accurate and reliable information in digital formats using Android devices while adhering to the survey methodology and protocols. Your work will be instrumental in providing us with data that informs our programming decisions and helps us provide effective assistance to vulnerable populations.
Reporting directly to the MEAL Officer, you will work closely with colleagues and all actors involved in the survey/verification process. Effective coordination with team members, host municipalities, and security authorities will be necessary to ensure that all activities are conducted smoothly and in compliance with required protocols. You will be expected to maintain a high level of professionalism, attention to detail, and accuracy while working with beneficiaries and collecting data.
This position will require you to achieve a daily target of interviews and assessments and to be based in the Mina, Tripoli office with daily movements to the field. You must be flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances and work environments. Your success in this role will depend on your ability to work effectively as part of a team, communicate effectively with beneficiaries and team members, and collect accurate and reliable data in a timely manner.
As a Field Enumerator at Tankamel Sawa, your specific duties will include the following:
• Coordinating with the MEAL officer, colleagues, and all actors involved in the survey/verification process.
• Supporting the MEAL officer to ensure that host municipalities and security authorities are aware of our activities in their area.
• Supporting the MEAL officer in receiving lists, preparing them, identifying locations, and informing households and individuals.
• Reporting complaints to the MEAL officer.
• Confirming the location of households and individuals.
• Representing Tankamel Sawa in the field.
• Conducting a specified number of household/individual visits and phone calls per day.
• Ensuring that all survey questions have been asked and recorded answers are clear and correct.
• Maintaining constant contact with team members and beneficiaries.
• Performing all necessary actions for the functioning and success of the project in order to deliver assistance to designated beneficiaries.
• Respecting the confidentiality of the data collected.
• Following security measures.
• Participating in briefing and debriefing sessions and in the organization of the weekly plan with the MEAL officer.
• Being committed to participating in any other tasks required to achieve the project's overall objectives.
• Conducting phone calls and rapid assessments when necessary.
• Supporting in the management of collected data and participating in the scoring system when needed.
Your role as a Field Enumerator will be critical in ensuring the smooth and successful implementation of the project. You will be responsible for collecting accurate and timely data that will inform our programming decisions and ultimately help us to provide effective assistance to vulnerable populations. As such, attention to detail, strong communication skills, and the ability to work effectively in a team will be essential. You will also be required to follow all necessary security measures to ensure your safety and the safety of others in the field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Good knowledge of humanitarian principles and good knowledge of the region and local languages.
• Capability to establish a good and respectful contact with persons and families to ensure the quality of interviews.
• Good physical fitness to walk distances if necessary.
• Patience, good personal organization, good communication and ability to work in teams, seriously, rigorously and personal accountability.
• Very good interpersonal and diplomatic skills in individuals/beneficiaries-facing situations.
• Initiative, flexibility and willingness to learn.
• Ability to work under time pressure, independently, and with limited supervision.
• Able to input data on Android smartphones.
• Good level of numeracy.
• Humanitarian motivation and commitment to Tankamel Sawa values.
• Respect of Tankamel Sawa policies and procedures.
• Experience with MEAL strategies is a plus.
The qualifications required for the Enumerator-Volunteer position are as follows:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent qualification
- University degree in a relevant field is an added advantage
- Experience in data collection and/or survey implementation
- Experience working with vulnerable populations is preferred
- Experience in using digital data collection tools is preferred
- Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy in data collection
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing circumstances and work environments
- Proficiency in using Android devices and mobile data collection applications
- Fluent in Arabic and basic knowledge of English
- Willingness to travel and work in the field on a daily basis
- Ability to work under pressure and meet targets
- Strong commitment to respecting confidentiality and following security measures
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the above qualifications and will be committed to working towards the organization's objectives. They will be able to work effectively in a team, communicate effectively with beneficiaries, and collect accurate and reliable data in a timely manner.
NB: The deadline for application submission is on 17th March 2023
Daleel Madani, the civil society network, serves as a platform for organisations to post their professional opportunities, but is not involved in the recruitment process. The hiring organisation is solely responsible for the job and candidate selection.
- North Lebanon