- Your CV
- A cover letter which outlines:
- your motivation for applying,
- your relevant experience,
- what you would bring to the role
- your daily rate for the assignment
Summary of Tasks:
Sharq.Org has for ten years been developing and implementing projects that aim to promote pluralism in across Arab world. Throughout this time its work has relied on a core team of three and a large number of consultants.
As opportunities for funding and partnerships expand, Sharq.Org now seeks to:
- reflect on its procedures, core strengths and priorities,
- enhance the work and role of its board of directors and network of volunteers and partners,
- identify strategic opportunities
- review, edit and produce all documents and guidelines related to ensure transparency and good governance.
To this end, Sharq.Org will be hiring a consultant with expertise in governance to lead the initiative, steer a governance retreat (Feb/Mar 2022) to be attended by Sharq.Org staff and associates, and collaborate with staff to ensure production of relevant documents, including a five-year strategic plan.
While the one-week retreat will be held in Cyprus in February of March 2022, all other work is expected to be done remotely.
Three months full time or six months part time
Beginning in mid to late January 2022
- At least five years of experience in governance
- Experience leading workshops
- Experience within non-profit environment
- Bi-lingual (English, Arabic)
- Able to travel