Scenechangers Project Manager
How to apply
To apply, please fill out this application form by Sunday, 31st December at 6pm (Beirut time). We will contact the shortlisted candidates for interviews after the closing date.
Scenechangers Project Manager (Lebanon) Job Description
- 3 to 4 days per week (to be decided based on the candidate’s profile and availability), in office location, ideally starting in January 2023
- 1,100 - 1,700 USD per month (salary based on experience, including tax & social security)
- 1-year contract with high likelihood of renewal based on performance and availability of funding (with 3-month probation period)
Seenaryo is seeking a Scenechangers Project Manager in Lebanon (SPML) to manage the Scenechangers project. Scenechangers is a major new project taking place in Lebanon and Jordan with the support of DROSOS, targeting youth “Scenechangers” in Lebanon aged 18-30 and training them to deliver life and 21st century skills through theatre in schools and community based organisations. The Scenechangers will deliver these activities to children aged 12-15 over the course of the next 3 years.
The role involves working closely with our staff team and partner organisations, as well as our beneficiaries. The SPML will be based at the Seenaryo Lebanon office in Beirut, Lebanon, but the work will include visiting projects in Akkar, Bekaa or elsewhere, and may include some overnight stays.
The Scenechangers Project Manager reports to Seenaryo’s Head of Education and works closely with the full Schools team. S/he should have a minimum 3 years of experience in coordination, management, and relationship-building.. It is strongly preferred if s/he has a passion for education and theatre.
The SPML main tasks are below:
Contributing to the Research and Development process , and coordinating the development of the Scenechanger resources
- Identifying, visiting and developing relationships with 24 CBOs and schools that Seenaryo can embed the Scenechangers into
- Reading drafts of the written Scenechangers Guide and brainstorming and providing content or editing input where needed
- Creating and putting out a job description to find 8 Trainer-Mentors, and scheduling interviews
- Coordinating pilot Scenechangers sessions and Trainer-Mentor Training, including logistics (venue, food/refreshments, transportation, printing, payments), scheduling, evaluation, risk management and tracking budget
Coordinating & observing delivery of the Scenechangers Training
- Overseeing logistics, setting the schedule, managing risk and safeguarding, and liaising with 64 Scenechangers
- Managing the Trainer-Mentors: attending planning meetings, observing sessions, and providing feedback and guidance
- Contributing to the design, development and implementation of evaluation processes, analysing data and contributing to reports
- Coordination and communication with the MEHE (Ministry of Education and Higher Education) focal point, consultants and content developers to ensure a smooth creation process
Coordinating the Scenechangers sessions in schools
- Working with Trainer-Mentors to match Scenechangers to schools & CBOs
- Liaising with the schools/CBOs, Scenechangers and Seenaryo Finance & Procurement Officer to schedule and manage budget for the Scenechangers sessions
Communications, Finance & Admin
- Securing press coverage and preparing press packs for the Scenechangers project
- Generating relevant comms and social media content
- Budget tracking and contributing to narrative reporting
- Comply with Seenaryo Financial Procedures when paying staff, purchasing and making payments
- Supporting wider team operations on general office management, systems and processes
This job description is not exhaustive of any and all tasks that the SPML may be asked to perform. As a member of a small team with a united mission, all staff members may be asked to support one another on tasks that sit outside of their job description to further Seenaryo’s objectives.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- An enthusiastic approach and the ability to multitask
- An ability to self-motivate, use initiative and work independently on projects from start to finish
- Experience in arts (particularly theatre), working in schools, and/or the non-profit sector (preferred)
- Fluency in Arabic and strong command of English
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Google Suite (including Excel/Spreadsheets and Powerpoint/Slides), Google Drive and Zoom
- Driver’s licence and car (preferred)
Seenaryo is a leading specialist in theatre and play-based learning with under-served communities in Lebanon and Jordan. We use theatre and play to transform education and support people to learn, lead, heal and thrive in their classrooms and communities. Having reached over 110,000 children, youth and women since 2015, Seenaryo was winner of the Arts, Culture & Heritage prize at the 2023 UK Charity Awards, has received a 2023 Innovation Award from TheirWorld, and was one of Expo 2020 Dubai’s 120 Global Innovators. In 2022, Seenaryo created 39 original theatre productions. We also trained 668 teachers to transform learning through play using the Seenaryo Playkit mobile phone app, reaching 15,574 schoolchildren.
Daleel Madani, the civil society network, serves as a platform for organisations to post their professional opportunities, but is not involved in the recruitment process. The hiring organisation is solely responsible for the job and candidate selection.