Invitation to Bid: Food Raw Materials - Tender Ref# FRM-001
Ruwwad Al Tanmeya – Lebanon
Empowered: Nourishing Futures through Cash-for-Work, Skill Development, and Entrepreneurship Initiatives.
Invitation to bid – Procuring Food Raw Materials
1 – Ruwwad Al Tanmeya Organization Overview
Ruwwad Al-Tanmeya is a regional non-profit community development organization that works with disenfranchised communities through education, youth volunteerism and grassroots organizing. Our approach encompasses an array of programs and projects that, together, strengthen initiative and facilitate redress to problems prioritized by members of the community. Three main programs anchor Ruwwad: Child Development, Youth Organizing and Community Support. Three basic values shape every program or activity at Ruwwad Al-Tanmeya: secularism, diversity, and equity.
2 – Project description
This project proposes a three-pronged approach to support clients from economically vulnerable communities in Tripoli.
Under the first track, 45 men and women from Bab Al Tabbaneh and Jabal Mohsen will be selected to engage in cash for work activities: they will produce and package 8,040 daily meals that will be delivered to children enrolled in two education centers in the north of Lebanon, over three cycles of two months each.
Under the second track, 50 youths will be selected to receive technical training on three topics, over three cycles. This track will start with a market study to determine market needs and therefore decide which topics to select for the technical trainings. Once the decision is made on the training topics, a 60-hour technical training will be delivered. Clients will also receive Master skills training, including life skills and PSS. Once done, of the 50 clients, 20 will be selected to be placed in apprenticeships according to their performance and feedback from trainers. In addition, 10 youths will be selected from among Ruwwad’s scholars network to be placed in apprenticeships as well.
Finally, under the third track, based on trainers’ feedback and team assessment, 25 clients will be selected from the second track to be enrolled in entrepreneurial training. This will include BDS training, followed by 2 hours of one-on-one coaching to help clients draw up a personalized simplified business plan. They will then be scored according to the simplified business plans, and 10 clients will receive cash micro-grants.
3 – Operational Objective:
Ruwwad is looking for suppliers who are able to provide us with food raw materials. You will find attached an Excel sheet including the requested items (named BOQ) including all specifications & quantities needed for the project. Kindly refrain from using the BOQ as a quotation and avoid mentioning prices on it.
- This tender is only open to suppliers who are located in Tripoli and/or being fully committed to our delivery schedule.
4 – The quotation must include:
- Same requested specification. (same brand, type...) as mentioned in the BOQ
- The number of the registration in the ministry of finance.
- Unit & Total Prices in USD.
- Payment Terms with ID copy of the assigned person allowed to receive payments.
All quotations should be sent by email to [email protected] with the subject “Food Raw Materials”.
5 – Bidders must send:
All Bidders are required to send the below requirements to the following email [email protected]
- The quotation should be (signed/Stamped).
- Official documents "Certificate of the registration in the ministry of finance (الشهاد المالية) etc...
- The TOR “Terms of Reference” (singed & stamped).
- A document indicates that you have successfully completed a project of a similar nature.
6 – Payment Terms:
- Fresh Dollar Cash or bank transfer.
7 – Questions/ Request for clarification
Any requests for clarification may be submitted by email to [email protected]
8 – Timeframe
- Quotations and the requested papers should be submitted 15 days after the day of posting this tender.
- Delivery of items is to be mentioned in the agreement after selecting the winner.
9 – Important
Kindly note that the quotation will be automatically rejected if
- The bidder doesn’t send all the requested papers (mentioned in number 5).
- The quotation doesn’t include the requirements (mentioned in number 4).
- The quotation is received after the deadline.
- The quotation does not cover all the items listed in the attached excel.
10 – Notes
- In case you encounter any problems while downloading the files “TOR & List of Items” please contact us.
- Make sure to mention the subject of the tender “Food Raw Materials” in the subject of your email.
- Make sure to send all the requirements as requested otherwise the offer will be rejected.
- Make sure to avoid mentioning prices on the BOQ.
How to apply
All Bidders are required to send the below requirements to the following email [email protected]Expired