Join our 8th sexuality hotline counselors' training!
The A Project welcomes applications for an intensive six day training on Gender, Sexuality, Sexual Health and Reproductive Justice. Applicants wishing to attend the training will have a chance to become part of our team of counselors who answer phone calls on our Sexuality Hotline.
Becoming part of our team of counselors also means you can contribute to feminist research, writing, Fasleh podcast, and outreach activities at The A Project, as well as helping shape the movement around these issues.
Since its launch in November 2016, the hotline has received questions on a wide array of topics, including sexual pleasure, sexually transmitted infections (STIs), contraception, gender identity, sexual orientation, relationships, mental health and sexual violence. Check our sexuality hotline reports to learn more about it!
As the number of calls increases, we will need more people to take shifts on the hotline.
Could you be one of the people we are looking for?
// We need people who
- Are interested in sexual and reproductive health and rights, gender justice, and movement building
- Speak Arabic fluently
- Are cis and trans women, trans men, or gender non-conforming
- Commit to attending all the sessions of the training without exception
- Commit to follow-up trainings over 2 months after the 6-day training is done
- Trainees also undergo an assessment before being cleared for taking the hotline
- Are willing to take on paid shifts on the hotline for at least 6 months after their training
// And we have a soft spot for those who have
- Attended the Sex and Society Reading Retreat, or the Politics of Mental Health Reading Retreat, or the Reproductive Justice Reading Retreat
- Contributed to feminist writing, thinking and/or organizing in Lebanon or the region
Note: you are not expected to have any health-related knowledge or experience in counseling prior to the training. Our counselors do not come from medical or professional backgrounds, but are required to attend intensive sessions to widen their knowledge.
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
// The training will cover the following
- The politics of sexuality, gender, and non-normativity
- Basic anatomy and physiology of sexual/reproductive systems
- Transgender health
- Reproductive tract infections and sexually transmitted infections
- Pregnancy and delivery
- Sexual pleasure
- Unwanted pregnancies
- Sexual violence
A detailed agenda will be sent to chosen applicants.
How to apply
// About the training
- Training dates: 5, 6, 7 and 12, 13, 14 August 2022
- Training Location: We will be hosted in a hotel 15 min away from Beirut (details to be announced once you're selected).
- All transportation and (if needed) accommodation will be provided.
- Training Capacity: 15 - 20 people
- Training Fee: Paid for by The A Project
- Covid19 precautions: If chosen a PCR test would be required 48 hours before attending the training. The A Project will cover the cost of the test.
- Application Deadline: July 10th, 2022
If you are interested in the sexuality hotline training, we invite you to fill our online application and upload your CV here: CLICK TO APPLY