Human Resources and Administration Manager
The main objective for the Human Resources and Administration Manager is to oversee HR and Admin compliance and strengthen the HR/Admin support services (i.e. staff care and employee relations, recruitment, operations, learning and development, onboarding and exit procedures and HR/Admin compliance) in NRC Lebanon and its areas of operation.
The position holder will ensure that NRC Lebanon is well positioned to respond to current and future needs and is able to demonstrate strong engagement and leadership in all areas of focus while ensuring capacity building for the HR and admin team and line managers across the country.
What makes this position attractive
- Its a leadership role - the position leads Human resources & Administration functions in NRC Lebanon.
- Its an opportunity to work for an international organization and one of the leading INGO's in Lebanon.
- A challenging and exciting opportunity with a dedicated team to advocating for the rights of people forced to flee;
We are also looking for people who share our values:
- To be dedicated in what we do;
- To be innovative with our solutions;
- Empowering and building trust
- To be accountable to the donors that make our work possible; the beneficiaries that we exist to serve; and to each other… the members of our NRC family.
What you will do
- Contribute to the Country Organization’s strategy and the HR/Admin Plan of Action by providing input and initiatives and follow up on completion and roll out, while aligning with Global and Regional Strategies.
- Partner with the senior management team, line managers and staff to understand and execute human resource strategies such as recruitment, onboarding, staff engagement strategies etc with the aim of increasing staff retention.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of NRC’s HR & Admin systems and procedures, objectives at national level in coordination with the existing teams to ensure success, consistency, and compliance with the local labor law and governmental regulations within Lebanon.
- Maintain a healthy and empowering office environment that encourages open, honest and productive communication; and provide recommendations and support to the Country Management Group on related HR matters.
- Lead on employee engagement, gender equality, and staff care strategy and supporting initiatives.
- Determine workforce needs, identify human resource and competency gaps, and devise a development and workforce plan to facilitate nationalizing roles and retaining staff.
- Manage the HR team in all offices whether with a direct line management or technical, ensuring to provide support and guidance to HR generalists, management, and staff (national and international) particularly when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise.
- Ensure proper quality control and audit of the country HR function across all offices. Perform audit and compliance checks on all related HR and admin matters in all related offices and follow up on corrective measures as needed.
- Provide regular reporting and analysis that can be used for further improvement of service delivery.
- Instill a general culture of learning in line with NRC's values and leadership/management framework.
- Oversee related administrative duties and ensure compliance with existing legal and governmental reporting requirements and provide support and guidance to the team.
- Oversee and manage NRC Goals & Performance to drive high performance ensuring managers are having regular performance and development discussions with their teams whilst monitoring the Goals & Performance system.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC. Implement SIP (Safe and Inclusive Programming) relevant activities.
- A Bachelors degree qualification, in Human Resources, Business related or any relevant field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience from working in a senior management role within HR preferably in a humanitarian/emergency/recovery context.
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Experience in HR Strategy and HR Operations.
- Fluency in English both written and spoken.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, mainly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of the INGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector is a plus.
- Strong communication, training, and presentation skills
- Initiating action and change
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Strategic thinking
- Leadership Profile Competencies:
- Building meaningful relationships
- Acting with integrity
- Delivering results
What We Offer
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
We offer an opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause and a chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility: At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take initiative.