Interested candidates should submit a Curriculum Vitae by email to [email protected] with the subject line: Finance Assistant
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted, please expect a response if shortlisted by end June 2023
This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
General Finance Admin
- Ensure proper filing of paperwork for all financial transactions processed
- Ensure proper and timely scans of financial transactions and documents onto drobox
- Support the finance team in validating documentation requirements as per donors regulations for all requests for payment under processing
- Support the finance team in following-up with Heads of departments on signatures and approvals for payments, contracts and other documents as needed
- Assist in various administrative tasks as needed (photocopying, filing, scanning, archiving)
- Help in consolidating MECC’s various donor compliance financial requirements to prepare and internal SOP
- Maintain Reporting & Financial scheduler and on a monthly basis, send out emails to HODs and finance on reporting dues for that month
- Maintain projects and contracts with donor list, and update it regularly and send out monthly to HODs to stay on top of all their projects and contractual commitments
- Follow-up on donor agreements for signatures, scanning, filing and logging/reporting
- build the experience and base to grow into an accounting position and assist in payment processing, data entry and other accounting and reporting tasks.
- Assist in any other tasks as needed
- Prepare the monthly timesheets and follow-up on signatures and approvals
- Follow-up with employees on vacation leave approvals and lieu days as needed for timesheet preparations
- Maintain and update finance payroll and HR database (which includes pay information, as well maintain their Ministry of Finance #s, and NSSF #s.
- Maintain an official supplier database
- Follow-up on supplier documentation and vetting requirements
- Review sufficiency of procurement documentation in line with donor requirements
- Create a contracts log – for all agreements signed by MECC & suppliers and ensure their terms & agreements are fulfilled
- High sense of confidentiality and integrity
- Computer literate with familiarity to Accounting systems and tools
- Strong communication skills
- English and Arabic proficiency both written and verbal