Senior Health Coordinator - Re-advertisement
Interested consultants and/or service providers must submit a Technical Offer and Financial Offer. Offers should be received by 5pm (local time) by 7th of July 2022, to the following email address: [email protected] mentioning “Senior Health Coordinator for RHUH” in the email subject line.
The technical offer should include:
- Cover Letter
- A minimum of three references of previous employees
The financial offer should include:
- A financial quotation, (including MOF tax 7,5% consultancy tax) that should include the following details and information:
- Name, address, email & phone number
- Cost per month and breakdown of costs if needed.
- Validity of the quotation / Quotation expiry date
- Specific conditions
- Modality of payment / Payment terms and condition
- Any and all relevant information or deemed of value to MdM.
MdM is partnering with the National Mental Health Program (NMHP) of the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH), the national governing body for mental health in Lebanon working on reforming the mental health system in the country to build a national sustainable system.
In its project funded by the Agence Francaise de Development, MdM supports the consultants, who will be working with the NMHP to implement the national mental health strategy and the governance of the reform.
The position of Senior Health Coordinator is part of the pool of consultants who will implement mental health activities under the NMHP umbrella and in liaison with all of its partners.
Activities include but are not restricted to:
- The Operation of the Community Mental Health and Substance Use center in Rafiq Hariri Hospital;
- Decreasing the stigma on Mental health and promoting Mental health through outreach activities;
- Integration of Mental Health in Primary Health Care.
Tasks and duties
- To be able to organize staff schedule throughout the division in order to modify them according to the needs of the service,
- Organize the internal structure to meet the needs of the service.
- Plan with the Project Manager the schedule of staff and support project manager in the development of the action plan
- Coordination and implementation:
- Ensure the coordination and safety of paramedical activities
- Collaborate with the doctors and / or the on-call doctor by carrying out the missions which directly concern the para-medical activity
- Provide support to professionals in the field.
- Ensure the efficiency and quality of services as well as the safety of people treated and professionals in all his decisions.
- Inform the Project Manager about the problems encountered
- Plan, organize, distribute the workload and allocate the resources for their realization,
- Work as a team and in a network with the partners,
- Coordinate the day-to-day implementation of the project along with the Project Manager, including planning, implementation, and reporting.
- Human resources management:
- Collaborate with the team and share all the information useful for the proper functioning of the service (related to care and activities).
- Liaise with night colleagues when situations may impact the organization of night shifts by telephone
- Manage, animate / communicate, motivate one or more teams (working groups …),
- Work closely with THE Project Manager to ensure support, capacity building, and training development for the paramedical staff,
- Develop contingency plan to address challenges encountered by the paramedical personnel,
- Monitoring and evaluation:
- Analyze data, dashboards and justify results relating to activities and report it to Project Manager
- Organize the unit, according to different criteria (missions, strategy, resources, etc.)
- Reporting and documentation
- Develop and write activity reports (assess the achievement of objectives, indicators),
- Provide regular updates when needed to the National Mental Health Programme direct supervisor on project development, implementation, needs, successes, challenges and progress,
- Management of the patient documentation and filing
- Attend weekly meetings (when needed) with the clinical director (psychiatrist) to identify and deal with key challenges and address other needs
- Attend technical case discussion meeting
- Progress report
- Staff Schedule
- Minutes of meeting (Technical meetings when needed)
Education, experience and relevant skills
- Psychiatric Nurse with 7 years of experience
- Master’s Degree in public health or another health major,
- Project management experience is a plus,
- Fluent in Arabic and English, French is a plus
- Ability to work within the policies, standards, procedures and the vision, mission, and core values of The National Mental Health Programme,
- Good planning, organization, decision-making, and liaison skills
- Good communication skills,
- Good problem-solving skills,
- Good follow up skills,
- Ability to work under pressure,
- Be dynamic, responsive, organized, voluntary and autonomous,
- Knowing how to work in a multidisciplinary team,
- Solution oriented, and
- Reliability and accountability.