Kindly send us your CV in English. Your CV should be sent to [email protected] with “Communication Officer” in the subject of the e-mail I Deadline: February 15, 2018 I Starting Date: As soon as possible I Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Makassed Philanthropic Islamic Association of Beirut opens the position of” Communication Officer" based in its Headquarter in Beirut.
The communication officer will be directly reporting to the Director of Marketing and Public Relations. S/he must have excellent writing skills in both Arabic and English, as well as communication, and interpersonal skills.
The communication officer is expected to:
- Oversee the official social media pages such as Facebook, and Instagram and update them whenever needed.
- Produce content that match Makassed's content strategy.
- Maintain the organization of website.
- Write and/or edit presentations, press releases, newsletters, articles, leaflets, ‘in-house' journals, reports and publicity brochures.
- Attend Makassed events when needed in order to update the social media pages and develop stories for Makassed newsletter "Makasseduna."
- Assist in the implementation of the communication strategy for the NGO.
- Attend meetings with the director and keep track of all meeting minutes.
- Perform other tasks as requested by the direct supervisor when needed
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or any related field (Master’s degree is a plus)
- Great computer skills (Microsoft Office applications and social media platforms.)
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Arabic (Knowledge of written and spoken French is a plus)
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar position.