Regional Finance Officer
Please specify in the "Subject" of your email the position you are appliying for.
We recommend that only qualified candidates meeting the requirements should apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support the LRC and SARC in achieving high quality and timely financial reports as required by the AutRC and back-donors.
- Collaborate with LRC and SARC to align financial and narrative reporting to ensure coherence
- Track the financial progress of projects; provide the RPM with project analysis, highlighting project expense and budget deviation.
- Prepare financial reports of all projects according to AutRC requirements on quarterly and interim basis, final financial reports, and at request.
- Prepare cash requests with bank/cash reconciliation and supporting documents.
- Book project and AutRC Office expenditures in AutRC accounting system, and ensure correct budget coding.
- Ensure that supporting documentation is compliant with the organization and donor requirements and provide sufficient translation to English.
- Archive (soft/hard copies) all supportive documentation in line with AutRC filing system.
- Manage payments and petty cash of the AutRC Office including ensuring that all transactions are correctly authorized and fully documented.
- Responsible for procurement, commissioning and timely execution of audits related to AutRC projects in close coordination with the LRC/SARC, including preparation of audit ToR, contract agreements and documentation required for auditors as well as facilitation of cooperation between auditor, LRC/SARC and AutRC HQ and reviewing of draft reports.
- Ensure that all submitted documents are in compliance with local laws (e.g. labour rules, business registrations and reporting to tax office and other regulatory agencies).
Duties applicable to All Staff:
- Abide and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent Principles as well as the Red Cross Staff Code of Conduct.
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities assigned by line manager.
- Perform duties independently and take responsibility for the assigned.
Function Specific Experience
- Experience in financial reporting
- Relevant financial management and accounting experience
- Independent and taking initiative
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Teamwork and good communication skills
- Analytical and accurate
Industry Related Experience
- Experience in similar volunteer-based organizations or humanitarian organizations is an advantage