Call for Proposals: Stakeholder Mapping development
2. Introduction About the Gas and Oil sector in Lebanon
For the full details about the oil and gas sector in Lebanon, please visit the below references:
Timeline of activities related to the oil and gas sector: https://logi-lebanon.org/Timeline
Chronological briefs about the updates of the sector: https://logi-lebanon.org/KeyIssues
Detailed policy briefs pertaining issues related to the sector: https://logi-lebanon.org/KeyIssues/Publications
3. Project and Problem Addressed
Background of the project: The Lebanese Oil and Gas Initiative and in partnership with Publish What You Pay (PWYP) have launched a 3 year project entitled “A United Civil Society for a Transparent Petroleum Sector. This project is funded by NORAD.
With support from PWYP, a home grown coalition of civil society actors was established in July 2020. PWYP Lebanon’s establishment was among the primary objectives achieved under this project.
Another main objective of this project is to establish a forum for information sharing between the authorities, Coalition for Energy Governance, experts, and the civil society organizations subsequently promoting public consultations and raising public awareness.
Problem addressed: International best practices have proven that the inclusion of public stakeholders in governance, strengthens good governance practices and facilitates the process of effective policy making (Natural Resource Governance Institute, 2014.) With Lebanon’s high ranking on the Corruption Perception Index of Transparency International and amid an environment etched with public mistrust of officials in charge, communication and inclusiveness become an asset in the hands of the state and a right in the hands of the public, especially within the process of establishing up a national oil and gas sector strategy.
Public consultation and stakeholders’ engagement are tools that enable more transparency and provide a way to promote debate, collect and share information, as well as the inclusion of all stakeholders, adding value to strategies, policies, and laws (OECD Studies on Public Engagement, 2009). This explicit and direct exchange of information would enable the state to better manage its own expectations and that of the sector. To date, there are no signs of the establishment of formal and structured stakeholder engagement processes.
To ensure that such a communication platform exists, LOGI in partnership with Publish What You Pay are organizing an annual two-day forum that will include different stakeholders discussing key thematic issues about the oil and gas sector. To that end, LOGI is launching a call for proposals for the development of a stakeholder mapping that will allow LOGI and its partners to reach all the relevant stakeholders that need to be included in this multi-stakeholder discussion platform.
4. Project and Services to be Provided
Accordingly, the consulting company or individual consultant will be required to:
- Identify the focal points within each critical stakeholder related to the governance of the oil and gas sector in Lebanon and who’s participation in this multi-stakeholder discussion platform would be important.
- Classify the stakeholders according to their opinions and positions around key energy issues in the sector, the level of their participation in the sector, their influence and power.
- Hold one virtual meeting with the LOGI team and the CEG to present the findings of the study.
- List recommendations on how to combine the members of each stakeholder group.
- A clear and updated stakeholder mapping chart showing where each stakeholder stands
- A comprehensive list of focal points within each stakeholder
- A list of recommendations and suggestions of how to combine the different members of the different stakeholders.
The consulting company or the consultant must further optimize the overall consultancy proposal highlighted in the ToR. The service provider should propose the approach that will be used to deliver the consultancy service.
The service provider should provide details on previous experience, including project names, clients, and references.
The service provider will also develop a work plan with clear milestone deliverables and timelines in full compliance with the set timeframe for this assignment.
The proposed detailed approach and work plan should be included in the consultancy proposal to be submitted to LOGI.
The service provider must include sample of his/her previous work (policy briefs/reports)
5. Contract Period
June 16 - July 4 (19 days) : Submission of proposals
July 5 - July 9 (5 days) : Scanning of proposals and meeting applicants
July 9 : Agreement signature
August 9 : Submission of 1st draft
August 16 :Submission of final draft
Periodical meetings will take place between LOGI focal point and the service provider during the period of the project. Adjustment of dates might be negotiated between LOGI and the consultants.
Max US 2,000 (fresh dollars). Please note that this amount must cover any taxes that may apply. Please also note that price is a selection criterion.
The tender will be evaluated and selected based on the following criteria:
The Qualifications of the Research Team/Researcher: 20 %
The Quality of the Proposal: 60 %
- Understanding of the Requirements (30%)
- Analytical Approach (20 %)
- Implementation Plan (10 %)
The Price :20 %
Total: 100 %
How to apply
7 to 10 years
Education degree: Other
Field of education:
- Proven experience in training, research, consultancy and the mentioned topics.
- Track record of delivering quality products to tight deadlines.
- Evidence of supporting the delivery of policies/projects/programs across multiple-teams or across departments.
- Experience in working with civil society organizations
- Broad grasp of key strategic issues facing the energy sector.
- Evidence of building strong trust-based relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Diplomacy, tact and understanding of stakeholders’ priorities to achieve common goals.
- Excellent communication, influencing, persuasion and engagement skills.
- Good analysis, problem solving and project management skills.
- A self-starter, able to work on their own initiative on complex issues.
- A team player
As part of the proposal, we require a summary of the consultant/team of consultants that will conduct this service. This summary will highlight any relevant experience or expertise in these fields including publication list, CV, division of tasks among the team members and the percentage of work contribution for each member (if applicable)
PHD or master’s degree in a relevant field of study (law, political and social sciences, etc.) with proven track of reports/consultancies and/or publishing
Knowledge on good governance techniques and the civil society organizations in Lebanon and preferably from other petroleum producing countries.
Knowledge on politics of Lebanon and other resource rich countries in the region.
Knowledge on sustainable resource management of the petroleum sector.
Knowledge about Lebanese laws
Proven experience in organizing and conducting training workshops.
Excellent written and spoken Arabic language skills.
Arabic: Excellent English: Excellent French: working knowledge
Period: July 9 - August 16, 2021
Submission guidelines: This tender is published publicly and open to all interested candidates, including research institutions and independent researchers. A proposal, a corresponding budget, and the data requested should be sent to the following emails:
Please include a cover letter.Expired