Finance and Administration Manager
Applicants should have a proven, long-standing experience in the Civil Society Organizations and NGOs field and a proficient level of Arabic and English.
LFPCP is committed to equal opportunities and diversity of perspective at the working place, regardless of gender, social background or personal situation.
Interested candidates shall send their: 1) updated CV, including list of previous working experience, 2) Motivation Letter, to this email: [email protected].
The deadline of submission of the application is December 4, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Lebanese Foundation for Permanent Civil Peace (LFPCP) is a Lebanese, non-governmental organization established in 1987 with the mission to safeguard civil peace through strengthening democratic governance and addressing civic concerns amid a pluralistic society as Lebanon, a country that has endured a history of political conflict and civil unrest.
The Lebanese Foundation for Permanent Civil Peace (LFPCP) is implementing a project titled: Local Development and Governance: Multiplying efforts to enhance and promote social cohesion and Stability. (Qudurat el Chamal). Where a number of up to 20-30 CBOs (at least 4 from each district and from different sectors of intervention) will be identified to participate in the capacity building programme, as foreseen by the project.
For this; the Lebanese Foundation for Permanent Civil Peace (LFPCP) is seeking for a Senior Financial Expert with rich experience to work and to be in charge of financial management of LFPCP project(s).
- Financial transactions and reporting
Key areas of operation:
- Budget planning and monitoring, manage cash flow, provide financial reports and periodic re-forecasts to management;
- Maintain integrity of LFPCP’s accounting records in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and perform routine bookkeeping tasks;
- Monitor financial risks and maintain strong internal controls;
- Contribute financial information for grant proposals and reports, ensure effective grant-tracking and reporting, meeting fund management standards set forth by donors;
- Budget preparation, forecasting and tracking
- Monitoring expenses
- Preparing financial reports
- Preparing intermediate and final financial reports for donors
- Reconciling transactions
- Procurement and contracting for suppliers
- Monitoring implementation of financial obligations by recording, checking and reporting expenses
The Finance Expert works closely with the LFPCP team, and reports directly to LFPCP programs Director.
The project is within the framework of (UDP_NL) project that is commissioned by Federal Republic of Germany and co-financed by the European Union.
- An advanced degree (or equivalent), preferably in non-profit management, accounting or business administration;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in non-profit organizations accounting and finance, preferably in social justice-oriented organizations;
- Accounting and bookkeeping experience, proficiency in Quick-books and Excel;
- Experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, wire transfers, expense reimbursements, reconciliations of payroll and bank statements;
- Experience in creating budgets and financial reports;
- Fluent in Arabic and English; French an asset.
- Proven track record in managing externally funded project budgets, producing financial reports for donors and preparing documentation for audits.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relationships in a dynamic, multicultural environment.
- Excellent financial management and organizational skills.