Monitoring, Evaluation and Applied Research: Food Sovereignty
Send a CV and a motivation letter.
Jibal is looking for a person that will take responsibility for monitoring and evaluating the project described below, and conducting applied research to contribute to the food sovereignty strategy of the NGO.
JIBAL is a not-for-profit association that champions environmental and social justice principles. We envision a society centered on principles of reciprocity, recognition, and equitable redistribution. The work intertwines socio-cultural and ecological perspectives to promote a holistic approach to societal development. JIBAL promotes sustainability in all its aspects – in the built and natural environments, in human societies, and in economic and social policies – by developing and implementing different activities such as workshops, trainings, and applied research projects. JIBAL receives its funding mainly from international donors.
Jibal is starting, in collaboration with the Swiss organization Helvetas, a 1-year project aimed at promoting food sovereignty and increased food security in Lebanon. The project aims at :
- Supporting the transition towards circular economy, local and sustainable agriculture, of farmers within a short distance from Beirut (neighbouring Mount-Lebanon and Bekaa).
- Initiating a process of direct and affordable sales from these farmers to the inhabitants of vulnerable urban neighbourhoods.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Participate in developing the M & E system that will effectively support reporting, accountability and project steering
- Develop monitoring plans, schedules and implement them
- Select and apply suitable methodologies for data collection
- Document results and share with the team in agreed intervals
- Select and apply suitable methodologies in tracking behavioural change among sector actors
- Participate in identifying areas for research that are relevant to the project and which will enhance understanding of the context and future developments
- Plan, design and undertake research in agreed areas; document findings
- Track developments and key discussion lines with regard to food sovereignty and food security in Lebanon and the region
- Closely interact with the Jibal and the Helvetas team
- A flexible working environment with a working schedule equivalent to 5 days a week, 7h/day, 2 days of vacation per month.
- The staff will be based at Mansion, Zoukak El Blat, Beirut.
- A rewarding work environment where debates and trainings are regularly organized.
- The possibility to get involved in the overall decision-making process.
- A one-year contract.
Profile of the candidate
- Experience and practice in field research
- Sound understanding of the complexity of food sovereignty and food security
- Experience in project monitoring and evaluation.
- Fluent Arabic and English speaking and writing skills, French is a plus.
- Sound writing skills
- The candidate has to be able to work under pressure as this will be an intense project
Interested? Please send us a relevant CV and your motivation (email or letter) at [email protected]