Evaluation Lead/project Director
Evaluation Lead/Project Director, MENA Terms of Reference 2016
50% to full-time
Scope of work
In anticipation of a project award, Integrity seeks to identify a high-skilled consultant capable of providing leadership, oversight and management for a project supporting annual evaluations in Syria. The incumbent will design and implement monitoring and evaluation solutions for a programme that is supporting interventions in multiple sectors, including governance, civil society, livelihoods and infrastructure investments in Syria. The ideal candidate will have designed and implemented DM&E frameworks in conflict environments, and will have experience conducting governance related assessments. The work will be conducted over two years, with a possible third year extension.
The selected candidate will be part of a small project team supporting delivery of a larger program in Amman, Jordan. The candidate should be located in the region. For the right profile, the incumbent can be located remotely, with an estimated 30% travel to Amman or Beirut. He/she will report to a senior manager located in the region.
The candidate should demonstrate prior background in quantitative and/or qualitative research tools, the ability to manage research teams, hire and train researchers and field personnel, document lessons and disseminate knowledge, produce high quality analytical evaluation reports. We are particularly interested in applicants with Arabic language skills, as well as those with a background in evaluating governance programs.
Terms of Reference:
A. Project Director (20%)
· Provide overall leadership, oversight and management for the Integrity contribution to a larger Syria-focused governance and civil society capacity building project delivered from Amman, Jordan, including supporting client coordination.
· Manage a three to four-person project team, based in multiple locations.
· Provide technical inputs, in a short-term technical assistance role, including quality assurance of project team deliverables.
· Support client communications and relationship management with both the prime implementer and the funding client
B. Evaluation Lead (80%)
· Provide full-time support in Amman, Jordan for one month during start-up to support community assessment instrument development (with QA), as well as project-level M&E Plan and Performance Management Plan (PMP) finalization.
· Design and manage a three Annual Assessments from Jordan from inception to final drafting, conducted over approximately 3 months, including remote management of approximately 6 weeks of in-country field work. Assessment should be design to assess impact of project interventions on nascent government -structures and community economies and on the broader political stability in the area of operation.
· Provide support to a larger project implementation time in applying findings and recommendations and conducting program planning for the following year.
· Provide routine technical assistance to the project’s internal M&E team year-round, including support to governance related assessments, expected to focus on organizational and capacity assessment of existing actors and/or broader stakeholder mapping.
· In the final year, support design and field-work for a life of project evaluation, conducted in tandem with the Annual Assessment.
Education and Experience:
The candidate will have:
· A Master’s degree or higher in social sciences or other research-focused field
· A minimum of 7-10 years of professional or academic experience in Design, Monitoring & Evaluation, governance and/or research design. This will include at least 5 years of experience leading evaluations, preferably in the Middle East and/or fragile and conflict affected areas.
· Experience managing a remote project team.
· Prior work with USAID or DFID funded programs, preferably in the governance sector and/or in fragile and conflict affected areas.
Competencies: The candidate will be able to:
· Write and communicate fluently and articulately in English
· Develop and manage relationships through a constructive and personable approach
· Support research design and implementation in a fluctuating operating environment on interventions conducted in multiple sectors including local governance, livelihoods and infrastructure.
· Ability to work fluently with online integrated data and knowledge management platforms
· Demonstrate strong communication and leadership skills, an ability to work well independently and in teams
· Work under pressure and to tight deadlines with flexibility, efficiency and good nature
· Demonstrate an ethical approach, personal commitment and strong sense of self
· Written and oral fluency in English.
· Ability to work in Arabic, preferred.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form at www.integrityglobal.com/apply and attach a CV and Cover Letter at the bottom of your application.
Closing date for applications: 1 March 2016
Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Integrity is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We will respect your confidentiality and abide by UK data protection laws.
Who we are
Integrity sets the international standard for ethically delivered, expert services in challenging, complex and fragile environments. We work to assist our clients in the international community and the global private sector to transform conflict and build stability, accountability and prosperity. We aim to help our clients succeed in fragile and challenging environments while building trust and giving a voice to local people.
We deliver five key services: research and analysis / project and programme design, monitoring and evaluation / stakeholder engagement / capacity development / project and programme management and implementation.
Our services are underpinned by the principles on which the company was founded: a commitment to local context, ethical procurement of local services and expert and high quality delivery. We work to build skills in the geographies where we work by investing in long-term presence and sustained relationships with national organisations, networks and individuals.
Integrity employs a multinational team of project managers and implementers, thematic and regional experts, researchers, evaluators and analysts with years of experience delivering complex programmes in fragile geographies across Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
Further information about Integrity can be found at www.integrityglobal.com.