Expression Of Interest Of An Ngo For Establishment And Management Of A Farmer Service Center In Bint-Jbeil
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
REPUBLIC OF LEBANON
Hilly Areas Sustainable Agriculture Development (HASAD) Project
Consulting Non Governmental Organisation (NGO) Services
IFAD LOAN No 1195 LB
Expressions of Interest
1. The Government of Lebanon has received a LOAN from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this LOAN to payments under HASAD Project for the Establishment and Management of a Farmer Service Center (FSC) in South of Lebanon.
2. An NGO is to be contracted to assist the Union of Municipalities of BintJbeil (UMBJ) in the establishment and development of an FSC in the area of BintJbeil providing a comprehensive array of services to smaller holders-farmers, farmer groups and their associations by assisting them in achieving their business growth and improve their household income.
3. The FSC is expected to provide support to 1500 farmers in the region, preferably working within associations who are expected to increase their income and reduce poverty.
4. The cost of core activities for setting up, managing and monitoring the FSC will be financed by HASAD project on a declining basis. The contract will be for 2 years, subject to satisfactory performance over specified milestones and time frame.
5. The Green Plan, the implementing agency of HASAD Project, now invites eligible NGOs to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested NGOs must provide brief and yet sufficient information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services. The shortlisting criteria are:
a. Relevant technical and managerial capabilities;
b. Sound experience (national and international) in similar projects implementation in supporting farmers in rural areas, mainly in developing sound business based small –medium enterprises;
c. Annual average expenditure for the past three years.
d. Knowledge of the Lebanese rural and farming situation;
e. Good reputation of integrity and impartiality rooted in independence from third parties
6. The attention of interested NGOs is drawn to IFAD’s Project Procurement Guidelines 2010, and Module L6 of the IFAD’s Procurement Handbook 2010: General Evaluation Procedures for Consultancy Services under any development project or programme governed by an IFAD financing agreement.
7. International NGOs may associate with other international or national ones and vise versa to enhance their qualifications. Affiliations and nationality of the firm must be clearly indicated.
8. The NGO will be selected on a competitive basis in accordance with Quality and Cost-Based Selection (QCBS) set out in IFAD’s Procurement Guidelines and Handbook 2010.
9. Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by Friday 29th of May .,2015 at 11 A.M.
Lebanon, Green Plan, HASAD, 3rd Floor
Ramlet El Baida, Baltagi Bldg.
E-mail: [email protected]