Pitch it Forward: Investing in Women-led Innovation
The Goethe-Institut Libanon within the framework of FANTASMEEM - project Cultural and Creative Industries, and in collaboration with Transformeus, is excited to launch their joint program "Pitch it Forward: Investing in Women-led Innovation”.
This new transformative program is designed exclusively for creative women entrepreneurs in the culture and creative industries in Lebanon, specifically in the design field. The program aims at supporting established creative women designers who own a business or startup to upscale and expand their businesses while preparing them for investment opportunities.
The program provides in-person and online workshops through which you will receive around 22 hours of training on investment readiness, lean business model canvas, pitching and storytelling techniques. The program ends with an in-person pitching event where you will have the opportunity to present your creative design business and pitch it in front of industry experts and potential investors.
Application Deadline: 30 JUN 2023
Training Period: 18 JUL 2023 – 31 AUG 2023
Pitching Event: First week of September 2023
The workshops and trainings are expected to start on the 18th of July 2023 and end on the 31st of August 2023, with the final pitching event to take place during the first week of September.
The program includes 2 in-person and 5 online workshops with a total duration of 22 hours in addition to the in-person final pitching event. The program is structured as follows:
- Capacity Building & Networking Event (in-person): Be inspired by influential guest speakers and network with like-minded entrepreneurs, during a capacity building session. This empowering event will set the stage for your transformative journey.
- Lean Business Model Canvas (Online Training): Dive into the essentials of business modeling and develop a solid foundation for your venture. Learn how to incorporate your learnings into your own business and receive personalized guidance from the experts.
- Investment Readiness (Online Training): Equip yourself with the skills and knowledge needed to effectively improve your business and secure potential investments. Gain insights into industry trends, investor expectations, and proven strategies for securing funds.
- Pitch Deck and Storytelling (Online Training): Demonstrate your storytelling abilities and develop a captivating pitch deck that leaves a lasting impact. Learn to convey your vision, values, and unique business idea in a way that resonates with investors and propels your business forward.
- Leadership Skills and Pitch Deck Presentation (in-person): Enhance your leadership abilities tackling topics such as communication skills, decision-making, problem solving, etc. Gain practical experience presenting your story and pitch deck to your peers. Receive valuable feedback and refine your presentation skills in a supportive and collaborative environment.
- Final Pitching Event: Showcase your creative business or startup and present your pitch to a panel of industry experts and potential investors. The pitching event is expected to take place during the first week of September 2023.
Who Can Apply?
Creative women design entrepreneurs with established businesses in any design field: Architecture, landscaping and spatial design, Interior & Furniture design, Product Design, Fashion & Textile design, Web & Graphic Design, etc.
- Creative women entrepreneurs with established design businesses, start-ups, or free-lance practices in the design industry in Lebanon.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the design field.
- Have an innovative design idea or a project expansion plan.
- Looking to engage in a venture and pitch in front of potential investors & industry experts.
- Interested in developing business skills and scaling up their business.
- Committed to attending the proposed training sessions between July and August 2023.
The project “Cultural and Creative Industries” is implemented by the GIZ on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and in cooperation with the Goethe-Institut. It improves employment and income opportunities for creative professionals in six partner countries; Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq, Kenya, Senegal, and South Africa, and operates mainly in the music, fashion, design, and animation sectors. In addition to promoting the development of entrepreneurial, digital, creative, and technical skills through training programmes, the project aims to strengthen the framework conditions and the ecosystem of the cultural and creative industries.
How to apply
How to Apply?
To apply for the "Pitch it Forward" program, you need to fill in the ONLINE APPLICATION on this link.
The application includes 3 different sections, requiring around 20 minutes in total. Please prepare your resume and portfolio before you start as you will be requested to upload them.
Only applications submitted through the link will be accepted.Expired