Project Officer (DCAF Lebanon) (100 %)
DCAF is preparing to start implementation of a project in support of Lebanon’s migration management system in gender-responsive security provision. The three-year project will in principle focus on supporting Lebanese General Security in pursuing internal governance reforms, increasing the agency mediation, communication and outreach capabilities as well as on providing support to education, research and awareness.
Key areas of responsibility:
The incumbent will work under direct supervision of the Project Manager and will report to the Project Manager and Head of DCAF’s Lebanon Office. S/he will provide support to implementation and MEL to achieve the project objectives.
Tasks include (but are not limited to):
- Managing specific project’s components and/or activities and ensuring they are delivered on time and according to the approved budget
- Facilitating communication and coordination with the project stakeholders, including General Security and other security agencies, relevant ministries, universities, CSOs, international community and others
- Supporting development of new networks and contacts as per the project needs
- Drafting project documents including concept notes, briefs, minutes, presentations and other documents
- Preparing project-related narrative reports and updates
- Supporting logistics and conduct of project events, workshops, training etc.
- Supporting drafting the project workplans and other tracking tools as well as their monitoring
- Providing inputs and support to procurement and contracting service providers
- Identifying new funding opportunities and providing support in resource mobilization
- Supporting the design and implementation of the project MEL including tools and processes
- Providing documents review support
- Providing translation and interpretation support as per the needs
- Other tasks as assigned by the Project Manager and the Head of Office
- An advanced university degree in law, human rights, political sciences, international relations, development, security studies or related field
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years work experience in one or more of the following areas: good governance, governance reforms, human rights, rule of law, migration management, security sector provision and/or reform, preferably in Lebanon
- Experience of working with senior representatives of Lebanese authorities will be an asset
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Lebanese context including the governance, legal reforms and human rights, rule of law situation, large network of contacts within these areas
- Experience in procurement and budget management
- Native Arabic speaker, excellent command of English (written and spoken); French is an asset
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in an international team
- Cultural sensitivity
- a rewarding, dynamic and challenging work experience
- the chance to be part of a multicultural team of supportive, hardworking and values-driven people
- the chance to contribute to improving security of states and their people within a framework of democratic governance, the rule of law, and respect for human rights
If you think you are a good match for DCAF and the position advertised, please send your application to [email protected] by 9th April 2023 with the subject heading “Project Officer Lebanon 2023”, enclosing:
- a one-page motivational statement in English or French describing your relevant experience and what you can bring to DCAF
- a concise CV (maximum two pages)
DCAF is committed to equality of opportunity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, religion, or ethnicity.
Individuals who seek to serve with DCAF in any individual capacity will be required, if short-listed, to complete a self-attestation stating that they have not committed or been convicted of any criminal offence and have not been involved, by act or omission, in the commission of any violation of international human rights law or international humanitarian law.