MEAL Officer- NMHP
All applicants are requested to send their CVs in PDF Format to "[email protected]" with subject
" MEAL Offcier- NMHP"
Receiving of CV's applicants is on rolling basis. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Embrace has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and sexual harassment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
A. MEAL System development and implementation
- Participate actively in the design of the monitoring and evaluation plans and frameworks for the NMHP strategies and projects.
- Create MEAL plans and design and maintain the projects’ MEAL log frame and key performance indicators in line with donor requirements where applicable. Plan for different types of assessments such as mid-term project review, impact assessment, and final evaluation.
- Monitor project progress against the project log frame and work plans, identifying and reporting on any delays, issues, or risks to the unit coordinator that will be communicated to project managers and the operations manager.
- Design and develop MEAL-related data collection systems and tools, including baseline surveys, monitoring and evaluation exercises, impact assessments, indicators’ tracking sheets, and any additional tools necessary to carry out the MEAL agenda.
- Lead on all data collection activities- qualitative and quantitative.
- Provide quality oversight and assurance of data collection to ensure the completeness, accuracy, robustness, and timely production of all reports.
B. Data Management and Analysis
- Conduct routine quality assessments to ensure that data is collected, compiled, checked for its quality and completeness in compliance with NMHP and donors’ standards for data quality
- Help maintain data quality by analyzing databases and data tracking systems used by various projects in order to compile reliable and consistent data that satisfies the minimum reporting criteria of donors and NMHP internal requirements
- Standardize the monitoring and evaluation tools and processes and ensure data security and confidentiality.
- Support the utilization of online dashboards and platforms to enhance speed and quality of data collection, data analysis and visualization.
- Update dashboards with critical findings that encourage learning and decision-making and are shared in team meetings and project cycle management meetings.
C. Communication: Revision, Reflection, reporting and Learning
- Generate regular qualitative and quantitative reports on performance indicators of different projects.
- Produce relevant reports and lessons learnt documents between projects and activities, providing guidance and gap analysis and as part of experience and knowledge sharing.
- Support in the presentation of findings, conclusions, and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders, donors, the MOPH, and other stakeholders as needed.
- Participate in and support NMHP's efforts to fulfill its internal and external accountability commitments by putting efficient accountability, client feedback, and response processes into action.
- Inform project teams about the recommended corrective actions as necessary as well ensure proper performance, learning, development, and retention of MEAL activities.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the MEAL Coordinator.
D. Qualifications needed:
- Bachelor degree or Master’s in public health, health promotion and community health, project management, or research in health-related fields
- Minimum 3 years of experience in monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation methods and frameworks, preferably in public or mental health in line with internal and donor requirements
- Strong analytical and data management skills
- Strong skills and relevant experience in qualitative and quantitative softwares (Nvivo- SPSS), data collection, analysis, and visual representations of data such as PowerBi
- Strong writing skills (reports)
- Computer literacy
- Arabic and English are a must, French is a plus