All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 15th of August 2023
Interested? Apply here!
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
DRC has been responding to various humanitarian crises in Lebanon since 2004, working with Palestinian, Iraqi and Syrian refugees. DRC received registration from the Ministry of Interior in 2011, and since then has focused primarily on responding to the Syrian refugee crisis in Lebanon and the resulting impact on Lebanese host community. DRC Lebanon’s focus is to ensure that we are able to respond to critical emerging humanitarian needs whilst improve the living conditions of displacement-affected populations and contribute to the achievement of durable solutions. With an annual portfolio of $12million, and with approximately 200+ staff, DRC is focusing its response in protection and economic recovery (Ec-Rec) sector in Bekka, North Lebanon and Beirut. DRC is also contributing to the evidence base and coordination structures in country through our Evidence Generation and referral information management (RIMs) teams.
About the job
The purpose of this role is to:
Support mainstreaming MEAL throughout the Project Cycle Management and reinforce quality programme management in the area of responsibility.
Support effective implementation of the monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning strategies and global standards.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
MEAL capacities and commitments
- Implement DRC guidance for MEAL and division of labor as per MEAL workstream RASCI, particularly vis-à-vis programme staff, and foster collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders within the area of responsibility.
- Apply and adapt DRC MEAL model and the relevant Building Blocks and guidance to the local circumstances and corresponding projects and programmes, in the area of responsibility.
- Apply DRC guidance with regards to GDPR and data protection in the area of responsibility, specifically for MEAL related data. Liaise with relevant internal counterparts responsible for data protection.
- Support capacity building, training and support for programme and field staff to improve the field monitoring or any other MEAL needs.
- Apply accountability and ethical frameworks and principles, including Core Humanitarian Standards, in line with DRC guidance in the area of responsibility.
Results Monitoring and programme quality support
- Support quality throughout Project Cycle Management, in line with DRC guidance and division of labor, accommodating external requirements and internal evidence needs. Specifically, support development and implementation of MEAL plans, indicator tracking tools and other relevant tools for the area of responsibility.
- Participate in and contribute to (as appropriate) project Kick-off meetings, Quarterly Review meetings and Close-out meetings in order to highlight cross-project components aimed at replicating good practices and strengthening synergies between projects or programmes.
- Support the implementation and data collection for results frameworks and monitoring processes and tools at the right level.
- Support the development of data collection tools (English-Arabic) and data collection methodology.
- Support and carry out field level data collection and field monitoring visits.
- Apply ethical principles in the field work, including with regards to DRC Code of Conduct and in line with Protection referral protocols and SOPs.
- Implement protocols for data protection, storage, sharing, and security in the area of responsibility.
- Support the analysis, visualization of data and ensure reporting of MEAL qualitative and quantitative data collected in line with internal information needs and external reporting obligations.
- Support in report writing and MEAL analysis.
- Support the programme teams and grants management in line with the MEAL plans.
- Ensure reporting project activities through Activity Info.
- Support implementation of the different mechanisms for community engagement and feedback in monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning in the area of responsibility.
- Support the implementation of DRC’s Community Feedback Mechanism.
Evaluation, analysis and learning
- Support data gathering as relevant.
- Support sharing MEAL findings, feedback and learning.
- Regularly present the key MEAL findings and feedback to the supervisors, and when relevant to the Senior Management Team for further development.
- Participate in and assist in the internal or external evaluation processes as required.
- Support analysis, interpretation and communication of the MEAL findings externally, in the area of responsibility.
- Coordinate the daily activities of data collection with data collectors in the area of responsibility. The MEAL Officer does not have direct line management responsibility for staff, but may contribute to recruitment and/or performance appraisal of data collectors.
- Perform other duties as directed by the MEAL Manager.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have :
- A Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (international development, social sciences, statistics, public health, etc.)
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience – preferably in social work, community development, non-governmental organizations, or civil society.
- Experience working with NGOs and/or the humanitarian sector, and use of data collection tools.
- Experience working in monitoring and evaluation of relevant programme sectors.
- Understanding of qualitative and quantitative methods, the use of findings and evidence, including participatory methodologies.
- Understanding of and ability to work with data collection software, preferably Kobo Toolkbox, Commcare, ODK, and other as relevant.
- Basic knowledge of data analysis practices and tools and perform data quality control.
- Ability to engage with partners and/or a partnership model of working, when relevant.
- Good skills in supporting organisational learning in programmes.
- Competencies to work and deliver under pressure, within time constraints and to manage job priorities.
- Good skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Office365.
- Demonstrated interests and ability to learn.
- Certification in MEAL fundamentals.
- Experience of working in insecure environments, when relevant.
- Experience with DRC Core Sectors.
- Experience in using information management systems, as relevant.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- Contract length: Until end of June 2024
- Band: H Non-management
- Designation of Duty Station: Bekaa
- Start date: September 2023
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact [email protected]
Daleel Madani, the civil society network, serves as a platform for organisations to post their professional opportunities, but is not involved in the recruitment process. The hiring organisation is solely responsible for the job and candidate selection.