DanChurchAid (DCA) is an international development organization with a presence in Lebanon since 2007, working towards saving lives, building resilient communities, and fighting extreme inequalities. DCA's mission in Lebanon is to address the unique challenges faced by marginalized groups and promote inclusive development. DCA Lebanon developed its new program strategy for 2023 to 2027.
In Lebanon, DCA focuses on providing humanitarian assistance and development programs to help communities affected by conflict, displacement, and poverty. The organization collaborates with local partners, civil society organizations, and other stakeholders to implement projects that aim to clear mines, cluster munitions, and explosive remnants of war (ERW), address urgent humanitarian needs of people living in Lebanon, improve livelihoods, enhance social cohesion, and support sustainable development efforts.
DCA's interventions in Lebanon cover a wide range of areas, including emergency response, livelihood support, informal education, protection, and advocacy. The organization recognizes the importance of gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls and integrates these principles into its programs and operations. More on DCA’s (global) strategy can be found online .
Through its projects, DCA in Lebanon strives to strengthen local capacities, promote social cohesion, and support sustainable solutions for displaced populations. The organization also works towards addressing the specific needs of vulnerable groups, including refugees, host communities, and marginalized populations, while considering the unique challenges posed by the complex social, political, and economic context in Lebanon.
DCA's approach in Lebanon emphasizes localization, participatory methods, community engagement, and partnerships to ensure the effectiveness and sustainability of its interventions. The organization aims to create lasting positive change by empowering individuals, promoting social inclusion, and fostering resilient communities.
Overall, DCA's presence in Lebanon reflects its commitment to supporting vulnerable populations, promoting social justice, and contributing to sustainable development in the country. By working closely with local partners and stakeholders, DCA seeks to make a meaningful impact and contribute to the well-being and resilience of communities in Lebanon.
Contract purpose and Expected results
Overall objective and purpose:
The Videographer will play a pivotal role in producing an engaging series of videos aimed at promoting and educating viewers about sustainable agriculture practices. These videos will serve as a powerful tool to raise awareness, educate, and inspire individuals, farmers, and communities to embrace sustainable agricultural methods that not only minimize environmental impact but also enhance productivity and support local ecosystems.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- A demonstrated track record in videography and video editing, underscored by a robust portfolio showcasing past projects.
- Familiarity with sustainable agriculture practices and an adept understanding of relevant concepts.
- Proficiency in crafting visually striking and educational content optimized for various social media platforms.
- Effective communication skills, complemented by your ability to collaborate harmoniously with agricultural experts and project coordinators.
- Fluent proficiency in the Arabic language, encompassing both written and spoken communication.
- Access to essential equipment for video recording, meticulous editing, and refined post-production.
Results to be achieved by the Contractor:
As the Videographer, you will undertake the following responsibilities:
- Creative Video Production: Create a compelling series of 13 concise videos, each spotlighting a specific sustainable agriculture practice or concept. Tailor your content to resonate with a diverse audience, spanning from farmers and agricultural enthusiasts to the general public.
- Visual Storytelling: Artfully demonstrate the practical implementation of sustainable agriculture techniques through engaging visual storytelling, capturing the essence of each method.
- Social Media-Ready Content: Craft videos that captivate and resonate, rendering them suitable for seamless sharing across various social media platforms.
- Cultural Sensitivity: Ensure the videos are both informative and culturally sensitive, particularly when catering to Arabic-speaking audiences.
- Collaborative Partnership: Collaborate closely with agricultural experts to grasp and translate intricate sustainable agriculture concepts into visually gripping content.
- Conceptualization and Scripting: Develop imaginative video concepts and scripts for all 13 videos, strategically incorporating elements conducive to social media, including user-friendly infographics.
- High-Quality Capture: Capture pristine video footage and audio, taking meticulous care of lighting and sound quality to ensure the highest production standards.
- Expert Post-Production: Employ your editing prowess to create a seamless final product, integrating text overlays, graphics, animations, and Arabic subtitles.
- Optimal Length: Tailor the videos to suit social media standards, maintaining a duration typically ranging from 1 to 3 minutes each.
- Multi-Platform Delivery: Provide the final videos in formats tailored for various social media platforms, facilitating widespread online sharing.
- Scope of the Services
Upon successful completion, Videographer should deliver:
- A series of 13 succinct videos, each focused on a specific thematic topic, lasting between 1 to 3 minutes.
- Meticulously edited videos with superior visuals, crystal-clear audio, and culturally appropriate graphics/subtitles in Arabic.
- Unprocessed video footage and comprehensive project files to preserve the integrity of the creative process.
- Timing, Logisitics, and Facilities
The anticipated timeframe for project completion is two months from the signing of the contract.
Reports to be addressed to the Head of program at DCA Lebanon and it should be in English language.
How to apply
All details are available in the Request for Proposal. Interested bidders can request the Request for Proposal via an email to [email protected] Cc [email protected] and it will be shared within 1 working day.
Please make sure to follow the below steps:
- All quotations are to be sent via email before 04/September/2023 5:00 PM; addressed to [email protected].
- Any quotation received after closing date will be disqualified.
- If you decide to use your own Performa template, make sure to include the attached DCA Request for Proposal signed and stamp or you will be disqualified.
- DCA conditions for Services' all forms must be signed and stamped.
- Only quotation received on [email protected] will be taken into consideration.Expired