Application must be submitted within September 26, 2022 (The position might be filled before the closing date. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible).
CV and Cover letter must be sent at the email address [email protected].
Only applications indicating in the title: “Project Officer” will be considered.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The intervention aims to "Improve the availability of drinking water from non-contaminated ecosystems and with a reduced negative environmental impact" for 138,287 individuals residing in the villages that fall under the Union of Municipalities of Jurd Al Kaytaa through the improvement of the system of distribution and use of drinking water, and the improvement of the solid waste management system. The Project Officer (PO) will be responsible to support the Project Manager (PM) in the planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of awareness-raising activities implemented by CISP’s local partner across several villages located in the Union of Municipalities of Jurd Al Kaytaa, Akkar. This role requires active coordination with multiple stakeholders at the field, national and area office levels, and within the local partner’s structures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Planning and Coordination
- Attend weekly work-in-progress meetings with PM and take minutes of the meeting.
- Attend Project Management Unit meetings with the PM and take minutes of the meeting.
- Develop and regularly update the detailed implementation plan for all data collection and awareness raising activities.
- Lead weekly work-in-progress meetings with the local partner agency during data collection phases and when awareness raising activities are taking place. Ensure to track progress using a detailed implementation plan template.
- Conduct regular field visits to the project site and office of the local partner in Akkar.
- Attend WASH sector coordination meetings representing CISP and take minutes of the meeting to be shared with the PM and other stakeholders.
- Support in coordination and attend donor visits.
- Data Collection and Quality Assurance
- Code the quantitative surveys on ODK/KOBO (or similar) based on guidance from the PM.
- Develop the qualitative data collection tools based on guidance from the PM.
- Translate the all tools from English to Arabic.
- Support in the development and the delivery of the data collection training for the field teams and the local partner agency.
- When necessary, lead or assist with conducting focus group discussions, key informant interviews and in-depth interviews with key stakeholders. Maintain accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary.
- Review the completeness and quality of the quantitative data as it is being collected. Provide feedback daily to the field teams to ensure missing/erroneous data is corrected/re-collected.
- Support the PM in conducting data analysis as it is collected.
- Support the PM in drafting sections of the survey report.
- Support the PM in developing and leading the presentation of the survey findings to key stakeholders.
- Activity Implementation and Monitoring
- Support in the development of the awareness raising strategy in close collaboration with the local partner agency, on the topics of hygiene, COVID-19 prevention, water conservation and the Water Legal Framework law 221/2001.
- Support in conducting a desk and literature review on the topics of hygiene, COVID-19 prevention, water conservation and the Water Legal Framework law 221/2001, to develop effective communication and visibility materials for the awareness campaign.
- Undertake visits to the field, as required, to support the implementation of activities. Provide progress reports to the PM on a regular basis.
- Make the necessary arrangements to support in successful implementation of the activities (i.e., inform the concerned parties, organize places, make plans, prepare specific messages to be sent to beneficiaries and others).
- Identify and approach suppliers of different goods and services linked to the successful awareness raising activity implementation. Collect offers and coordinate with the said suppliers as necessary.
- Liaise with all concerned local authorities, introducing the project and organizing meetings (when needed) with the PM and other CISP management staff.
- Support in drafting of documents and translation from English to Arabic and vice versa as necessary.
- Support in drafting specific sections of the interim reports for the donor.
- Ethics and Professional Practice:
- Ensure that activities are in line with relevant standards, codes of conduct and humanitarian principles.
- Respect confidentiality.
- Respect and promote CISP's Policies and report any non-respect of CISP's policies amongst the teams or partner agencies.
- Report any incident or act that causes any harm to the beneficiary or to others.
- Comply with child protection and prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA) policies.
- Always act in line with relevant standards, codes of conduct, and humanitarian principles, to prevent abuse, exploitation, fraud, and corruption.
Daleel Madani, the civil society network, serves as a platform for organisations to post their professional opportunities, but is not involved in the recruitment process. The hiring organisation is solely responsible for the job and candidate selection.