OUTREACH VOLUNTEER - 3 day position
To apply for the position of Outreach Volunteer, interested candidates shall send an e-mail addressed to Delilah Farshoukh, Junior Project Manager, at the e-mail address: [email protected], specifying in the subject "Cesvi - Outreach Volunteer".
E-mails with subjects other than "Cesvi - Outreach Volunteer" will not be taken into consideration.
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS
In the framework of Outcome Pathway B, Activity 2.1, Cesvi will be providing capacity building in many topics including Project Cycle Management (PCM), conflict management, internal governance, participatory learning approach, public participation, gender inclusion, advocacy, accountability as well as technical vocational courses.
In order to reach out to participants and receive expressions of interest, CESVI will be assigning 8 participants to the following areas to assist Cesvi’s staff in disseminating relevant information about the training by handing out visibility leaflets in the following areas:
- South Lebanon
- Mount Lebanon
Volunteer must have a good knowledge of or familiarity with the target areas, including of:
- streets and key points
- local community and population habits and behaviors
- public and private stakeholders
- focal points or local leaders within the community
- concentration of vulnerable population in specific areas
- good command of Arabic and English
- Organizational Skills: Be able to develop and respect work plans, to manage time effectively, to meet deadlines and plan leaflet distribution
- Active Listening Skills: be able to listen carefully and make informed decisions, without giving false expectations
- Social consciousness: be socially aware of the socio-economic situation of their area and how it can affect their work
- Interpersonal Skills: be able to build positive relationships with potential participants and build trust
- Be honest, trustworthy, and respectful
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity to needs of vulnerable populations
- Demonstrate ability to work independently under tight deadlines
- Take initiative and be open to continuous learning and constructive criticism