Interested applicants should send their curriculum vitae CVs and cover letter to [email protected] and include "Senior Researcher in Education" in the Subject Title. Deadline for Application is October 19, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. The Centre for Lebanese Studies offers equal opportunities for all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital or veteran status, or physical or mental needs.
The Centre for Lebanese Studies is looking to recruit a Senior Researcher for several of its projects related to education, integrity in education, and child violence.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Has full management responsibility for a major project(s).
- Supervises the implementation of assigned research projects
- Leads a research team and nurtures their professional growth
- Establishes connections and strengthens CLS relations with other academic and research Centres.
- Manages the research team (junior researchers, research assistants, and interns) and relationships community partners
- Leads on the various components of a research project (Budget, media, administrative etc.)
- Oversees project budgets and liaises closely with the finance department and officers.
- Oversees the media plan and liaises closely with the media and communication department and manager
- Overall data management including administering transcribing data and data analysis in close collaboration with the research assistants at the Centre for Lebanese Studies
- Designs and develops quantitative and qualitative research instruments.
- Ensures quality control of data collection and dissemination.
- Collects, prepares and analyses research data (quantitative and qualitative)
- Conducts literature reviews
- Plan and coordinate the Project in close collaboration with the PIs and co-PIs
- Support fieldwork and data collection where necessary
- Work on outreach activities, participate and help to organize international workshops and seminars
- Contribute to writing reports/articles on the research/project as well as assist in writing academic articles for peer reviewed journals
- Present findings in academic and non-academic conferences and support in organizations CLS conferences.
- Initiates grant-funded work, identifies new opportunities for research funding, and participates in the development of new research proposals
- Prepares and oversees the IRB application with the support of the Junior researcher and ensures that all team members adhere to the highest standards to ethical guidelines.
- Develops and maintains close and good collaboration with donors, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Develops new research programs
- Assists the CLS team as needed
The Senior Researcher will report on the above activities to your line manager and support all CLS team members.
- A Masters Degree in Education or relevant field
- Minimum 5-10 years of relative experience
- Research experience in one of the following fields: education, anti-corruption, child labor, and school violence
- Research experience in collecting and analysing quantitative & qualitative methodology and data management
- Extensive experience in writing up full research report independently.
- Proof of good writing skills and publications
- Experience with presenting research results
- Proficiency in the English and Arabic languages
- Creativity and ability to contribute ideas to the project
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Strong written and oral communication skills.