Procurement of 2 PMU Consultants for the Beirut Mount Lebanon Water Establishment
The Beirut and Mount Lebanon Water Establishment (BMLWE), wishes to procure the services of two experts (head of the PMU, project manager for the PMU; general qualification engineering specialised in water / sanitation / project management) which will form the project management unit (PMU) in order to support the BMLWE, to manage the host community programme funded by the German Development Bank (KfW). The objective of this programme is to improve the sanitary and health situation of host population and refugees in selected communities in the service area of the BMLWE.
The services of the 2 Consultants forming the PMU should include the following tasks:
- Overall supervision of the services of the implementation consultant (IC) The IC´s services include inception, assessment, detailed design and tender documents, tendering and award of contract, construction supervision, assistance during the defect’s notification period;
- Support the BMLWE in management, checking, commenting, approving of invoices from the IC; check that the IC adheres to the guidelines of the German Development Bank (KfW) concerning environment and social health and saftey / occupational health and saftey standards and norms;
- Timely checking and commenting of all reports, deliverables submitted by the IC;
- Support the BMLWE in the coordination with involved institutions, municipalities and all other relevant local authorities and organisations as well as with KfW and other development partners;
- Ensures that the IC coordinates with other consultants working in the programme area in activities related to the programme;
- Monitor and ensure that the IC carries out professional and effective construction supervision;
- Follow up the work of the IC concerning programme planning (time, budget, quality control);
- Ensure the monitoring of programme objective and achievement of indicators
Plan field visit on a regular base to inspect the design, works during execution and at completion and report to BMLWE and KfW on a timely manner.
How to apply
Further information will be available exclusively through information provided by the tender agent upon request through the following mail address: [email protected] . No liability will be accepted for any problems concerning the distribution of documents. Please register with the tender agent and request the required document in order to submit a proposal. In case of clarifications all responses will be sent to registered applicants.Expired