Internship at AUB-NCC
If you're interested, please send a one-page resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject “AUB-NCC Internship Application_YourName”. The cover letter must not exceed 500 words, and should state clearly (1) why the applicant is interested in environmental research at AUB-NCC, (2) the skills they wish to develop through the internship and (3) how they hope to contribute to the center’s efforts. Cover letters written on Chat GPT won't be accepted.
AUB-NCC is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds, regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, or ability.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview.
Exact tasks and responsibilities will be determined with each intern to match the needs of the center as well as their individual interests. They may include the following:
- Assisting with research projects
- Data collection and analysis
- Presenting findings to the team
- Developing webinar series and organizing expert panels on specific topics
- Participating in fieldwork and site visits
- Brainstorming ideas for new projects and initiatives
- Keeping a lookout for new and developing chances, and evaluating them.
- Aiding in the creation of research grant proposals.
- Making sure that information is managed effectively and that relevant data is kept up-to-date.
- Researching various subjects and gathering a large amount of information
- Assisting in proofreading, file management, and other necessary tasks.
- Mapping stakeholders and actors in environmental research and conservation
- Conducting benchmarking research and presenting findings to the team
Through this internship, you will:
- Learn about various contemporary environmental issues and their solutions in Lebanon and the MENA region
- Develop research skills such as data collection and analysis
- Learn how to present findings to a team and communicate effectively
- Gain practical experience in environmental fieldwork and site visits
- Develop personal soft skills
- Acquire essential skills needed to work in development/consulting/research, such as writing proposals, networking with partners, designing methodologies, project management, and others.
- Work with experienced individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program, or fresh graduate. We consider applicants from all educational/professional backgrounds, in line with our multi-disciplinary approach to environmental research
- Strong oral and written English communication skills (Arabic and French are a plus)
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Passion for environmental protection and preservation
- Ability to work in Teams
- Adherence to AUB-NCC’s values and vision
- Knowledge of basic Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to work from AUB-NCC’s offices when needed
This is an unpaid internship, however, the learnings and experience gained will be invaluable. The interns will benefit from personal supervision and mentoring, access to workshops and conferences, networking opportunities and a flexible work schedule. By the end of the internship, participants will receive a signed letter confirming the completion of their traineeship.