Facility Management Trainer
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV by Sunday, 18th December 2022, 12:00 AM, to: [email protected], adding the Title of the position in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Taking into consideration, that the job advertised will have a clause that only the employment contract is valid when Al Midan is appointed and the contract is signed from GIZ HQ, and the employment contract only starts when the project starts.
Al Midan NGO in partnership with the Local Development Program for Urban Areas in North Lebanon (UDP-NL) has implemented a project called "Activation of Public Spaces and Strengthening of Organizations that Manage Them'' is to help activating and building the management capacities of several public spaces and community centres in north Lebanon, that were and are still being rehabilitated and constructed by GIZ under the UDP-NL project.
We aim to work closely with several organizations to develop and strengthen their capacities, including technical workshops and close mentorship on topics such as facility management, marketing and branding, organizational management, etc.
This position is for the Facility Management component. The work will cover different organizations which are:
- One community center in Zgharta
- One community center in Chekka
- One sports club in the Al Manqoubeen area
- The municipality of Tripoli unit handling 5 renovated public spaces in Tripoli
Job Description for the Facility Management trainer
Provide training and mentorship for each organization on facility management throughout the project’s implementation period (till end of April 2023) with a total of up to 30 working days. The expert/trainer in facility management will be giving this training to the organization relevant members.
The training will include 2 major phases:
- The first phase will consist of at least 2 full-day training sessions or several half-day trainings (depending on the expert and availability of the participants).
- The second phase will consist of weekly follow-up sessions customized to the organization needs; where the trainer with the help, if needed, of the Al Midan team, can use the previous assessment done to the organizations in addition to the insights and findings of the workshop (in first phase) to build the facility management structure and capacities of the organizations. At least 6 follow-up training sessions will be provided for each organization separately.
- Identifying the needs of the participants and organizations through cooperation with Al Midan staff and individual meetings with participants and organizations.
- Implement a 2-day workshop on the topic of facility management.
- Prepare material for the workshop through an interactive and hands-on approach method.
- Provide training and mentorship about:
- Documenting available inventory.
- The maintenance of an organization’s building and equipment.
- Dealing with firefighting systems in the centers.
- Safety of the centers or public spaces.
- Different methods of security systems.
- Train the organization staff on the installed facility health and safety measures.
- Electrical and plumbing inspection and repair.
- Waste disposal and recycling.
- Monitoring and reviewing the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussions with managers.
- Coordinate with Al Midan staff on materials and goods needed to implement the workshop.
- Set up a weekly schedule with all participants to have individual follow-up sessions (in person and/or online) to mentor and support them on the tasks and topics on facility management that they are working on.
- Coordinate with Al Midan team on the materials, goods, and services that are required for the participants to practice their acquired skills and strengthen their organization’s facility management capacities.
- Regular meetings with Al Midan to update them on the progress and ensure the activities are falling in line with the project goals and timelines.
- Write a training completion report detailing the training conduct including the outputs of the training and an evaluation of the knowledge acquired by participants.
- Degree in civil, electrical, mechanical, or safety engineering or a related field or related technical degree.
- Previous experience in an NGO or INGO is required.
- Presentation skills (interact with audience – transmit the messages with clarity – engage the audience in the presentation …)
- 3+ years of experience in facilities management.
- Project management skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management.
- Problem-solving and planning skills.
Acountability to beneficiaries:
Al midan team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitiring and evaluation of our field projects.
PSEA and Child Safeguarding Policy:
Al Midan in Lebanon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Al Midan in Lebanon and its employees and stakeholders abide by the Al Midan Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) and Child Safeguarding Policies.