Applications should include a detailed CV with at least two References. Please send your CV, in English, writing in the subject the reference " Communications Consultant" to the following e-mail address: [email protected]. The deadline for submission is November 8, 2020. Any CV submitted without reference will be disregarded.
Assignment: Responsible for providing a range of traditional and social media support functions to ACTED projects in Lebanon.
The Communications Consultant is responsible for completing the following tasks:
1.1 Organizing communications materials
- Collecting, organising and selecting powerful images (and/or video footage) for regular use on ACTED Lebanon and ACTED HQ social media;
- Designing project’s communication strategies in coordination with the technical teams and donors’ guidelines;
- Designing mission communication strategy in coordination with PD department, senior management and ACTED HQ;
1.2 Printable and branded material
- Developing content, visuals & design of brochures, factsheets, project 1-pagers in line with ACTED’s and the donor’s visibility requirements
- Content generation and social media - maintenance of the ACTED social media channels – Instagram and facebook via:
- Creading simple but effective photo quotes, infographics and social media posts;
- Locating social media focused content from stakeholders, government and UN agencies, and other partners’ postings;
- Identifying powerful stories from the field and from partners, and collecting relevant information (preparing and conducting interviews) and products to promote them;
- Monitoring and promoting ACTED presence in the media;
- Supporting organization of workshops, campaigns and events as required, including drafting agendas, invitations, taking photographs and assist with same-day coordination
Required professional qualities and skills:
- University degree in Communications, Social and/or Political Science, International Studies
- At least 2 years of previous experience working with an international/national NGO;
- Strong writing skills and the ability to present information clearly and concisely;
- Interest and knowledge in humanitarian and development fields
- Experience with maintaining/support in updating professionally social media channels such as Instagram, Twitter and facebook
- Good command of photo editing software, online video publishing and experience with flash;
- Excellent writing skills in English;
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision, be dynamic, proactive and creative;
- Impartiality, objectivity and confidentiality are imperative; without prior authorization of Project Development Manager, content should not be shared within or outside ACTED and kept within the Project Development Unit.
The Communication Consultant will be remunerated based on the deliverables, which are as follow:
- At least 10 social media posts developed and posted per month;
- At least 2 photo relations/stories developed per month;
- At least 3 project/mission communications plans developed and finalised during the time of assignment;
- Ad hoc support related to creation of visuals, communication materials for the purpose of mission/projects’ visibility in the traditional/social media;
- Ad-hoc capacity building provision to the member of the organisation (photo trainings etc.).
- The Communication Consultant will be remunerated contingent of completing 30hours per week, based on the monthly submitted attendance record.