Applications should be sent by email to [email protected] with the keyword "Construction Supervisor-Infrastructure" included in the subject. Attach a cover letter and an updated CV no longer than four pages. Applications without cover letter and clear reference to this specific announcement will not be considered.
ABOUT THE STRUCTURE…
Solidarités International (SI) is an International NGO working with vulnerable populations, mainly victims of armed conflicts and natural disasters. Specialized for nearly 40 years in the coverage of vital needs, S.I. takes charge of emergency and reconstruction programs.
With respect for cultures and close to the people, Solidarités International implements its programs by combining its skills with those of its employees and local managers.
Solidarités International's teams, made up of around 270 expatriates and nearly 2200 local employees, are today present in 18 countries in Asia, Middle East, Africa and Caribbean where they are particularly committed to fighting diseases related to unsafe water but also in the essential area of food security and livelihoods.
ABOUT THE JOB
Under the supervision of the Infrastructure Deputy Program Manager (DPM), the construction supervisor will take part in implementing and achieving the objectives defined in the project’s proposal, especially the implementation of Water supply system in North Lebanon and service improvement support to Qoubayat Water Establishment. The incumbent will be based in Akkar.
The main challenges:
- Understanding the organization’s processes and procedures and learning about the services offered to beneficiaries.
- Managing the needs and expectations of the authorities and local communities in the implementation area.
- Following up on multiple ongoing site activities.
- Ensure the workers and visitors safety and security.
Priorities for the 2/3 first months:
- Develop close understanding and collaboration with different department inside SI.
- Review Technical and Particular specification of the infrastructure projects.
- Familiarizing themselves with the monitoring tools used to log activities.
- Supervise borehole drilling activities.
Responsibilities and main activities:
LIST OF MAIN TASKS
- Assist the DPM in preparation of network-lot prioritization list based on the number of households/Individuals in a given network branch with respect to the quantity of works required to complete the extension.
- Review contractor schedule and method of work in respect of all civil, mechanical, and electromechanical works and ensure compliance with the contract terms.
- Liaise with the municipality staff and the contractor to ensure a safe temporary access where required.
- Monitor consultant presence on site and the activities taken to ensure the proper site supervision and follow-up while maintaining a good relationship with the consultant engineer.
- Supervise ongoing construction activities in accordance with contract and related Technical and Particular specifications, Bill of quantities, and drawings.
- Ensure and monitor the standards of safe working conditions and propose corrective measures when needed.
- Check and verify quantities of material after verifying the quality conveyance to submittals and ensure their safe storage near the construction site.
- Analyze potential occurring constraints or delays and oversee the implementation of remedial measures in close coordination with the DPM.
- Inspect works for conformity to specifications and design instructions; and ensure work compliance with relevant engineering standards and codes.
- Ensure the testing of the completed water network is as per specification and participate in the handover of the completed network sections to NLWE inspection committee in the presence of the consultant.
- Organize proper handover of electrical and mechanical items to the North Lebanon Water Establishment (NLWE) in the presence of the receiving committee of three WE staff appointed by NLWE general director, and ensure the items comply with contract specifications and quality standards.
- Ensure a safe handing over of facilities to the Water Establishment/ beneficiaries in coordination with contractors and NLWE staff during and at the end of construction phases;
- Perform any additional assessments and investigations or market analysis as requested by the DPM.
- Ensure proper soft and hard documentation of reports, logs, and photos.
- Maintain a filing system for all site memos and instructions, measured quantities of work and materials on site, reports and other documents and correspondence pertaining to the construction activities.
- Participate in the development of construction plans, and technical drawings/documents to infrastructure activities as requested by the Infrastructure DPM.
- Update relevant formats and databases for the construction activities.
- Report activities and challenges on site to the Infrastructure DPM.
- Communicate continuously the activities progress status with the DPM.
- Take pictures and collating these in digital formats for the contract records and duly maintain an electronic library of photos of the progress of the works.
- Ensure adequate descriptions of daily activities in the daily records as in the site workbook and sign on the workbook.
- Fill and submit daily monitoring ODK forms as instructed by the DPM.
- Report any type of problem encountered on the field to the DPM and the Security and Liaison Manager (SLM).
The list above is not strictly definitive; an employee working within the framework of these tasks may carry out other tasks if asked to do so by his/her line manager.
The Construction Supervisor may be asked to drive SI cars and respecting the driving policies set by the logistic department.
Education and experience
- A degree in Civil or Construction engineering or equivalent.
- 1 to 2 years of relevant experience in Infrastructure programming, preferably with an NGO.
- Extensive experience in site supervision and activity logging
- Work experience with local communities, children, and vulnerable people
- Knowledge of Infrastructure project implementation (Water and Sewage Networks, concrete reservoirs, Asphalt work…etc.) including technical standards, guidelines, and best practices.
- Familiarity with the Lebanese context, including the political, social, and economic landscape.
- Good prioritization and organization skills.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills, with a demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
- Proactivity, flexibility, pragmatism, solutions-oriented mindset.
- Capacity to work under pressure, solve problems, and decide quickly on contingency actions.
- Good analytical and writing/editing skills.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders, including community members, suppliers, and other NGOs.
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post: 1615 USD
Vacation: 1.75 days/month
Social and medical coverage