Junior WASH & community engagement Officer
Tankamel Sawa is actively seeking candidates for a vacant position and encourages prompt applications. We reserve the right to commence the recruitment process prior to the stated closing date. Should a suitable applicant be identified, the vacancy may be filled and closed earlier than advertised.
Successful employment at Tankamel Sawa is contingent upon the completion of the following pre-employment checks:
- Receipt of satisfactory professional references.
- Verification of your right to work in the country where the position is located.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their application documents, which should include a Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV), and any relevant supporting documents, via email to HR@tankamelsawa.org
When sending your application, please use the following subject line for your email: "Application for Junior WASH & community engagement Officer".
Should you have any inquiries, please direct them to the same email address: [email protected]
Job Title: Junior WASH & community engagement Officer
Job Summary: The Junior WASH & community engagement Officer will support the implementation and monitoring of WASH projects in targeted communities. This role involves working closely with community members and other stakeholders to ensure the effective and sustainable delivery of water, sanitation, and hygiene services.
Project Implementation and Management:
- Assist in the planning and implementation of WASH projects in line with national standards and SPHERE guidelines.
- Contribute to the design of water systems and sanitation facilities, ensuring they meet community needs and technical requirements.
- Support the distribution of WASH materials and equipment.
Community Engagement and Training:
- Work on the establishment of the committees with the implementation of a comprehensive/ participatory approach with the communities targeted.
- Ensure that committees are provided with adequate training and to follow-up on their work and impact.
- Encourage resident’s involvement in committee project and activities.
- Ensure the good process of all the stages of CMCs establishments and provide them with the adequate support.
- Report daily activities, incidents, achievements and adaptations made to the management.
- Maintain an accurate reporting and data management of the activities.
- Conduct information campaigns and community assemblies in the field to ensure and facilitate the creation of the committees.
- Organize and implement trainings in collaboration with other internal/external agencies and (or) private trainers.
- Serves as a community facilitator: he/she is available on site to receive complaints and comments.
- Plan a regular awareness session for the targeted community.
- Regular meetings with the municipalities and the stake holders to ensure the effectiveness response of the events and the awareness sessions.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Monitor the progress of WASH activities and facilities, ensuring adherence to quality and technical standards.
- Prepare and submit regular reports on project activities, achievements, and challenges to the Management.
- Collect and manage data related to WASH interventions for reporting and evaluation purposes.
Collaboration and Coordination:
- Work closely with local authorities, NGOs, and other stakeholders to align WASH interventions with broader community needs and strategies.
- Participate in relevant meetings and workshops to coordinate efforts and share best practices.
Technical Support and Quality Assurance:
- Provide technical assistance follow-up and monitoring of the ongoing rehabilitations of water and sanitation facilities.
- Ensure that all WASH interventions comply with quality standards and technical specifications.
- Supervise contractors and field staff to ensure high-quality implementation of WASH activities with close coordination with the PM and Forman.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Health, Civil or mechanical Engineering, Public Health, or a related field.
- Experience in WASH projects, community development, or related areas.
- Knowledge of national and international WASH standards and practices.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and collaborate with diverse teams.
- Proficiency in data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Fluency in English and local languages, as applicable.
- Fieldwork in various community settings.
- Flexibility to travel and work in challenging environments.
- Participation in occasional meetings and training outside regular work hours.
- This job description can be tailored further based on the specific needs of your organization and the communities you serve.
- Very good English and Arabic
- 2 years of related working experience.
- Previous experience in working with NGOs is preferable.
- Must be adept in use of MS Office applications,
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Water CAD or any civil works design software is highly desirable.
Daleel Madani, the civil society network, serves as a platform for organisations to post their professional opportunities, but is not involved in the recruitment process. The hiring organisation is solely responsible for the job and candidate selection.
- North Lebanon