Media & Communications Intern
Terms of Reference
- Media and Communications Internship Program - Background
Oxfam in Lebanon’s media and communications internship program provides interns with the opportunity to gain real exposure to the aid sector in Lebanon and actively participate in shaping Oxfam in Lebanon’s communication and media strategy. Interns will join Oxfam in Lebanon’s Influencing Team and will report directly to the Senior Media and Communications officer .
Internship program cycles :
• Summer program (between July and September )
• Fall program (between October and December )
• Spring Program (between April and June )
• Winter Program (between January and March )
Oxfam in Lebanon is looking for students or fresh graduates with media and communications background, or experience and interest in relevant fields, to join its internship program with the Influencing Team in the Beirut office.
Key Responsibilities :
• Contribute to the development, update, and implementation of Oxfam in Lebanon’s social media strategy
• Produce and schedule social media posts around key media and communications moments and events
• Support in developing and reviewing communication plans and visibility products for Oxfam in Lebanon’s projects
• Support in story and content creation (e.g., human-interest stories, success stories, blogposts, press releases, etc.)
• Support in designing and editing designs on Canva
• Support in archiving pictures of Oxfam events and uploading on Inuru platform Additional Responsibilities
• Support in editing, proofreading, and translation
• Support in administrative tasks (e.g., preparing internal documents, meeting minutes, etc.)
• Support in events and field visits planning and organization Timeline
Interns are expected to work for 2 to 3 days per week (a total of no more than 24 hours per week/ 8 hours per day) based on an agreed-on schedule with the Senior Media and Communications Officer. Monthly timesheets shall also be submitted by interns. Qualifications:
▪ Educational background and/or relevant experience in media, communications, social media, and/or content creation.
▪ Demonstrated interest and skills in communications, translation, research, writing, photography, and basic design tasks.
▪ Committed to and enthusiastic about Oxfam’s work, mission, and values.
▪ Fluent in English and Arabic, with excellent written and oral communication skills in both languages.
▪ Creative, motivated, and with a flexible attitude and ability to work independently and collaboratively across a diverse team.
Payment and instructions for interested interns
A daily allowance for food and transportation will be given for the intern.
CODES OF BEHAVIOUR/Conduct :
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults, and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Interested applicants with the experience and skills described above should submit:
1. An up-to-date CV.
2. A maximum 2-page document outlining similar previous experience (links to written articles in English or Arabic, or previously published translations, or links to social media accounts managed by applicants, or stories/posts written by applicants, etc.). Oxfam will use the documents/parts of the documents provided for no purpose other than to assess the qualifications of the applying candidate(s).
Please submit you application and other documents by December 10, 2023 the latest, to [email protected] and [email protected] with “Media and Communications Internship Application” in the subject line.
دليل مدني، شبكة المجتمع المدني، يوفر للمنظمات منصة لنشر الوظائف, وليس مسؤول عن عملية التوظيف. كل منظمة مسجلة على دليل مدني هي مسؤولة بشكل فردي عن منشوراتها وعن عملية التوظيف.