External project evaluator
For the MPDL, there are three main objectives in conducting this end-of-project evaluation:
- Evaluate the impact and achievement of project results.
- Identification of good practices and lessons learned in the different areas of the intervention, as well as recommendations in order to assess the strategy of MPDL and partners in the improvement of the protection and resilience systems of the displaced Syrians and Palestinians in Lebanon and host communities, and enhance the quality of future projects
- Accountability to the donor, to all the agents that participate in the development process, both in Lebanon and in Spain, including rights’ holders, and to the society as a whole.
Areas of intervention: Beqaa (Baalbeck & Barelies)
Number of beneficiaries: 1700 to 2000 persons with disabilities
The Evaluation Team is expected to:
- Be composed of a team leader (who will take on coordination functions and will be the focal point of the evaluation vis-a-vis the Evaluation Management Unit and the donor) with documented extensive experience on similar evaluations of civil society projects in the fields of disabilities, refugee populations, human rights (including women´s rights) and SGBV in the MENA region.
- Have extensive experience in conducting external evaluations in the context of cooperation for development and a proven record delivering professional results (at least 3 years).
- Have a sound knowledge of social research methodologies and data collection tools
- Have proven experience in gender focused evaluations.
- Be able to communicate effectively in spoken Arabic (minimum: B2 level).
- Have excellent writing skills in English.
- Have previous proven working experience in Lebanon and updated knowledge of the context.
- Have process management skills, such as facilitation skills.
- Guarantee that they have not been involved on the design or implementation of the project to be evaluated.
- Have a VAT or a financial number in Lebanon.
Evaluation phases will include:
- Planning: This phase will involve developing the evaluation plan according to the ToR and initial discussions with the Evaluation Management Unit to establish the evaluation´s overall approach and refine the methodology.
- Desk study: This phase will consist of a desk study involving a comprehensive analysis of the project's relevant documents (design, base line studies, monitoring reports, publications, training programs, sources of verification, etc.). OUTPUT: An Inception Report setting out the conceptual framework to be used in the evaluation.
- Field work: This phase includes the field work and compilation of data in Lebanon (field visits to project sites; interviews with project staff, beneficiaries and relevant stakeholders), and the analysis of the data collected.
- Draft of Final Evaluation Report: The evaluation team will produce a Draft Evaluation Report with the preliminary results and conclusions of the evaluation, including results, conclusions, lessons learned and recommendations, as well as an executive summary. This draft version of the report will be submitted to the Evaluation Management Unit for their review and comments. Subsequently, the evaluation team will reflect on the feedback provided and will draft the Final Evaluation Report, which will again be reviewed by the Evaluation Management Unit for validation. OUTPUT: Draft Evaluation Report
- Debriefing and dissemination: This phase will include (1) a debriefing meeting with MPDL and LUPD to discuss the main finding of the evaluation and (2) a dissemination workshop with the beneficiaries. OUTPUT: Final Evaluation Report, 1 debriefing meeting and 1 dissemination workshop.
How to apply
Interested persons and/or entities must express their interest by submitting a technical and financial proposal. The offers will be sent by email to Movement for Peace – MPDL in Lebanon, at the following address: [email protected] (use this contact email for any question and concern).
Technical proposals must contain mandatory information:
- Motivation / expression of interest letter
- Methodology proposed.
- Proposal of data collection instruments.
- CV of the main evaluator and CV of the team members, if any.
- Proposal of work plan and calendar.
Financial offers must contain mandatory information:
- Detailed budget that includes fees and travel expenses, and other expenses.