Training on Governance, internal procedures, and policies
EuroMed Feminist Initiative (EFI) is a policy network that provides expertise in the field of gender equality, democracy building and citizenship, and advocates for political solutions to all conflicts, and peoples´ rights to self-determination. It encompasses women’s rights organizations from the two shores of the Mediterranean and seeks to correct the gender power imbalances through ending discrimination and oppression of women and bringing about positive change for the whole society. Headquarters are in Paris, with offices in Amman, Beirut and Erbil. You can visit our website to know more about our work: www.efi-ife.org”
Participants will receive specialized advanced training on internal governance, and the development of internal regulations and guidelines such as human resources policies, anti-corruption policies, procurement guidelines, and code of conduct. These comprehensive trainings will also facilitate organizations' efforts to obtain official registration by promoting the exchange of experiences and sharing official procedures. Each training session will accommodate 20-25 participants, representing a minimum of 10-12 Syrian Civil Society Organizations (CSOs). After the training, the consultant is expected to provide 3 online coaching and follow up sessions to 10 organisations, individually, to support them in developing their internal policies.
Objectives of the consultancy
The objective of the training is to provide a comprehensive training workshop aimed at raising awareness and enhancing skills pertaining to gender balance within the internal governance processes and procedures of our partners. The primary goal is to support our partners in improving their sustainability, expanding their outreach, and fostering synergistic collaborations to amplify the visibility of women and girls affected by the Syria crisis. It is essential that these efforts are conducted in a manner that upholds human dignity, preserves the agency of the affected individuals, and aligns with internationally recognized humanitarian standards.
Scope of work
Upon completion of the 4-day training, participants from different CSOs are expected to help advance the key objectives that include:
- Gender mainstreaming the organisational policies, and focus on inclusion in hiring
- Ensuring transparency and accountability in all financial procedures
- Gender sensitive HR policies and strict anti- harassment policies and complaint mechanism
- Identify gaps in their internal governance and potential
- The training program is scheduled to be implemented from the first week of August until mid-September.
Qualifications, Background and Experience
- Excellent written and spoken English skills required, including demonstrated ability in writing briefing papers and other information products, and fluency in Arabic.
- Extensive experience working on the context in Syria and on the Syrian refugee crisis is a must
- High knowledge of women’s rights issues and UNSCR 1325
- More than 10 years of experience in non-governmental organizational capacity building
- Ability to deliver the training in Arabic
How to apply
Requirements for Submission
The candidates interested in this training should provide the following information to the email [email protected]:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Financial proposal
- Concept Note including training plan