FEMALE Sub-granting Opportunity: Call for Proposals
Project Background and Objective of this call:
FEMALE is a community based grassroot feminist organization that works towards a just and safe world for women and girls in all their diversities through driving social-behavioral changes, movement building, knowledge production and dissemination, and policy reform.
As part of FEMALE’s ongoing efforts to support and strengthen young feminist capacities both locally and regionally, we are currently looking for formal and informal groups or initiatives which are led by women and girls in all their diversities for an upcoming sub-granting opportunity. We are looking for initiatives that need support to materialize a project or idea that tackles feminist issues mainly focused on sexual and reproductive health and rights, gender-based violence, or feminist organizing.
FEMALE will be supporting groups/initiatives with projects which can be implemented from July – October, 2023. If you are a women or girl-led initiative/group/organization based and working in Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Tunisia, Palestine or Iraq with an idea you’d like to implement, please apply by following the details and guidelines listed below, no later than June 11, 2023.
Budget Allocated for each Sub-Grantee: 2,500 Euros maximum (transfer charges will be deducted)
- Applicants are a group/initiative/organization that is led by women and girls in all their diversities, and are between the ages of 15-32.
- Applicants are a group or initiative that adopts a feminist vision in its work
- Applicants are a group/initiative/organization that targets women, girls, youth and other marginalized groups including LGBTQIA+ communities, people living with disabilities, migrant workers, or refugees in local communities or at a regional level in the SWANA region.
- Applicant is established in Egypt, Tunisia, Palestine, Lebanon, Jordan or Iraq
- Applicant is directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action
- Applicant’s project will focus on feminist topics related but not limited to, feminist issues, gender-based violence, feminist organizing, and sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Applicants are a formal or informal group, association or initiative, registered or unregistered with an annual budget that doesn’t exceed 150,000 USD
How to apply
- Applicants must thoroughly fill out the following Annexes:
- Annex-A Sub-Grant Application Form
- Annex-B Budget
- Applicants must apply in English or Arabic
- Please attach all required supporting documents including: CV of 2 key members of the group or initiative, application and budget breakdown
- For any questions, FEMALE will organize an Orientation Session for all applicants on May 29th, 2023, to answer all your questions. Please register for the session by filling out the information on this Registration Form.
Deadline and Details for Submission:
Please send your applications, budget, and all supporting documents in 1 email to [email protected] with the subject “Sub-Granting Proposal” no later than June, 11th, 2023.
Please note that we may contact shortlisted candidates for one-on-one interviews on June 20, 2023.
All applicants will be informed of the final selection by June, 28th, 2023.
Accepted candidates will be invited to a virtual kick-off meeting to launch the sub-granting process.منتهية الصلاحية