Safety & Security Consultant
Basmeh & Zeitooneh is a registered Lebanese organization, committed to serving refugees and vulnerable communities in Lebanon, through four community centers across the country. The organization runs educational, relief, livelihoods, and protection programs, and aims to serve as an inclusive and supportive focal point for the entire community.
Basmeh & Zeitooneh has a zero-tolerance policy for sexual exploitation, abuse, and child abuse. Also, fraud, bribery, and corrupt activities.
Basmeh & Zeitooneh (B&Z) is committed to maintaining your personal information's security, confidentiality, and privacy.
Basmeh & Zeitooneh is committed to safeguarding the well-being of children and upholding the Convention on the Rights of the Child, Basmeh & Zeitooneh maintains a zero-tolerance policy on child abuse.
Job Purpose :
The key purpose of this consultancy is to assess all 5 B&Z centers and come out with clear safety and security SOPs, context and gap analyses, and budgets required for each center along with training of selected staff, reviewing of existing safety and security plan and policy and a clear presentation for newcomers during inductions.
Reporting To: Country Director & Operations Manager
Major Activities :
- Visiting all our centers and identifying the security level and security gap based on the context and conflict situation/analysis.
- Draft safety and security SOPs that clearly and simply guide the staff in each center on what to do and where to go in case of different possible emergencies for each of the 5 centers with their respective needed/required budget.
- Training focal persons from each center and HQ on the devised SOPs with clear scenarios presented, what needs to be done in each one, and the security measures and processes that need to be taken in case of different types of emergencies.
- The training should enable the teams to act properly and respond to security situations should they arise and be able to set precautionary and prevention measures for the center in general and for each activity based on the particularity of each project in each center.
- Reviewing B&Z’s existing draft safety security plan and policy after the centers’ and modifying it based on the assessments, observations, and feedback from the staff considering each center’s particularity.
- Creating a clear and concise security presentation to be introduced to each new staff during the induction phase.
- Clearly communicate via email all updates, challenges, progress, and deliverables.
- Clearly coordinate with different staff and stakeholders to ensure the timely delivery of tasks.
- Informing the line and technical manager of all whereabouts, plans, and expected actions during work hours and taking approval before initiating tasks.
- Preparing a clear and detailed work plan for the contract timeframe with updates on changes or modifications.
- Create contingency plans for evacuation, relocation, hibernation, and medical evacuation and disseminate them amongst relevant staff.
- Assess program activities and their impact on staff security and make recommendations to reduce staff vulnerability.
- Draft a Safety Risk Assessment for areas of intervention and identify tools so we can use them to regularly update.
List of Deliverables :
- Deliverable 1: Clear work plan of what the consultant will be doing for the duration of the contract with updates when necessary.
Deadline 1st week after contract signature.
- Deliverable 2: A Report on the context and conflict specific to each area along with the safety and security level and the missing gaps in knowledge, materials, equipment, and coordination with external entities in each of B&Z’s 5 centers
Deadline: 2 weeks from the contract start date
- Deliverable 3: A detailed document on safety and security SOPs pertaining to each of B&Z’s 5 centers in light of its particularity and region (containing clear analysis of the context and the type of presenting conflicts) and that clearly identify the persons responsible (reporting structure), the go-to areas/entities, the actions needed to be taken based on each risk level/situation and the flow of action in order to ensure the maximum safety and security of staff and participants (and community members where relevant).
Deadline: 2 weeks after 2nd deliverable
- Deliverable 4: Create contingency plans for evacuation, relocation, hibernation, and medical evacuation and disseminate them amongst relevant staff.
Deadline: 2 weeks after 3rd deliverable
- Deliverable 5: Draft Safety Risk Assessment for areas of intervention and identify tools we can use to regularly update
Deadline: 1 week after 4th deliverable
- Deliverable 6: Training for up to 20 staff members on SOPs, contingency plans, and safety risk assessment tools (clear training agenda, pre, and post-assessments to measure increase in knowledge and preparedness).
Deadline: 1 week after the 5th deliverable
- Deliverable 7: - Amended B&Z’s safety and security plan
- Amended B&Z’s safety and security policy
Deadline: 2 weeks after the 6th deliverable.
- Deliverable 8: Comprehensive presentation that offers the needed information for any newcomer to B&Z that allows preparedness in cases of different emergencies and the know-how of how to act and where to go and who to go to in case of any emergency.
Deadline: 2 weeks after the 7th deliverable.
Education & Experience :
- University degree in a related field;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience;
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Gmail…);
- Reporting skills.
- Positive communication and effective listening to the needs of the beneficiaries;
- Ability to effectively coordinate with multiple units and staff;
- Accept and respect the cultural context in which we work;
- Continuing career development through work-related training;
- Empathy with staff and participants;
- Flexibility at work and with the pressure that might come from the timeframe and vulnerable areas of work;
- Good level of planning and organizing;
- Respect B&Z policies and procedures;
- High confidentiality, respect and , non-discrimination attitude;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Flexibility & adaptability; willing to work extra hours and during the weekend if emergency cases arise;
- Humanitarian motivation and commitment to B&Z values.
How to apply
Please include " Safety & Security Consultant " in the subject line of the email ( emails without this subject line with be discarded ).
Email : [email protected]
- Financial Proposal that is linked to the Deliverables mentioned in the description is requested ( Applications with no Financial Proposal will be discarded ).
Basmeh & Zeitooneh recognize that gender relations and inequalities are fundamental causes of poverty. Principles of equity and social justice require us to work to ensure that everyone has an equal opportunity for expressing and using their potential, irrespective of sex, age, race, color, class, caste, religion, ethnic background, sexual orientation, HIV status, or disability.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.منتهية الصلاحية