Call for STEs - Short Term Experts
Interested applicants must submit an email including the below list of requirements to BIAT Human Resources Department on [email protected] and write in the subject line: "BIAT-STE-001-*mention here your area of expertise*". Applications that do not follow this naming methodology in the subject line will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further screening and interviewing. The purpose of this call is to have a pool of screened consultants under various functions and expertise. The consultants will then be contacted in case the need arise for a certain consultancy.
Objective of the Request for Expressions of Interest (REOI)
This call for Short Term Experts (STE) is intended to help BIAT pre-identify individuals that may be hired to engage in specialized consulting work for immediate opportunities. Applicants who meet the minimum requirements posed by this call, shall be invited to join BIAT’s list of prequalified consultants.
Interested applicants must submit an email including the below list of requirements to BIAT Human Resources Department on [email protected] and write in the subject line: "BIAT-STE-001-*mention here your area of expertise*". Applications that do not follow this naming methodology in the subject line will not be considered.
Individual consultants will support BIAT in different sectors and technical areas.
Below is an illustrative list of areas of expertise that might be required:
- Agricultural production including organic farming, good agricultural practices
- Post-harvest handling, and management.
- Agricultural and agro-processing quality standards, food safety (esp. HACCP, GMP) and related processes.
- Agri/agro market linkages (Domestic & International Target Markets)
- Marketing of agri/agro products (Domestic & International Target Markets)
- Income generation and job creation (rural livelihoods development).
- Agri/agro machinery operations and training.
- Solid waste management.
- Agri/agro products export promotion and investment.
- Agribusiness/agro processing infrastructure.
- SME Development and Entrepreneurship: business planning, organizational capacity development and economic feasibility studies for small, medium enterprises (SME)
- Material recuperation machinery, operation, and training
- Digital marketing /online presence strategy and training
- Digital transformation for SMEs
- Safety training
- Health management services
- Innovation process for creative industries
- CRM – Accounting – Bookkeeping
Interested individual consultants shall have the capacity to enter into a short-term technical assistance (STTA) contract and shall have a satisfactory performance record and record of integrity and business ethics.
- Must have at minimum a bachelor’s degree; master's degree preferred in a technical area of interest
- Demonstrated relevant experience in the suggested sector or area of expertise.
- Proven ability to work within a team of experts to produce more complex analytical work.
- Strong English reporting writing skills.