Social Media Expert and Content Creator
EuroMed Feminist Initiative IFE-EFI is a policy network that provides expertise in the field of gender equality, democracy building and citizenship, and advocates for political solutions to all conflicts, and peoples´ rights to self-determination. EFI encompasses women’s rights organizations from the two shores of the Mediterranean and seeks to correct the gender power imbalances through ending discrimination and oppression of women and bringing about positive change for the whole society. EFI Headquarters are in Paris, with offices in Amman, Beirut and Erbil. You can visit our website to know more about our work: www.efi-ife.org
Starting from 1st of September, EuroMed Feminist Initiative is implementing a two-year multi-country project “Strengthening access to protection, participation and services for women refugees, Internally Displaced People (IDPs) and women in the host communities in Lebanon, Iraq and Jordan”. This project is funded by the EU Regional Trust Fund in Response to the Syrian Crisis, the EU MADAD Fund. The overall objective is to improve the livelihood, agency and legal and social protection for Syrian women refugees, IDPs as well as for women in the host communities in Lebanon, Iraq/Kurdistan Region – Iraq (KR-I) and in Jordan.
For the purpose of the project, EFI has built in Lebanon, Iraq KR-I and in Jordan consortia with credible and experienced national and international organizations: In Lebanon with Care International Lebanon, Legal Action Worldwide (LAW) and Lebanese Women Democratic Gathering (RDFL); in Iraq with Baghdad Women’s Association (BWA) and Waomen Empowerment Organizations (WEO), and in Jordan with Business Development Centre (BDC) and Tamkeen.
EuroMed Feminist Initiative is looking for a qualified Social Media Expert & content creator based in Beirut.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Develop a social media strategy and outreach plan for the Lebanon National Gender Observatory
- Develop audiovisual and written content in Arabic and English as per the agreed upon social media strategy
- Follow up on the research conducted by the Observatory and proposing related innovative content ideas
- Manage and implement a social media boosting plan
- Analyzing metrics: Provide analysis and recommendations, collect insights and statistics on a regular basis to optimize the performance of the social media platforms
This position reports directly to MADAD Country Manager in Lebanon and EFI Media Officer. Close collaboration with Project Officers and Managers in Beirut, Erbil and Amman. Holds regular contact with HQ especially with Head of International Cooperation and Development and Programme Manager.
- BA in communication, marketing, journalism, new media, social sciences or any relevant field
- At least four (4) years of experience in social media marketing, as a digital media specialist or in any other relevant fields
- Demonstrable knowledge of social media analytics
- Excellent knowledge of multimedia production and editing tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic
- Knowledge of gender related topics and GBV
Skills-set and qualifications:
- A minimum of three (3) years of work experience in Communications or other relevant fields
- Experience in developing communications strategies/plans
- Experience in designing graphics and in the use of design applications and multimedia editing tools
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- This role is open for qualified Lebanese candidates
- Duty station is in Beirut
- A fixed-term position starting immediately until 31st of December 2020
How to apply
Email your brief cover letter and CV to [email protected] by 4th October 2020. Please also indicate ‘Social Media Expert and content creator - Beirut’ as your email subject.منتهية الصلاحية