GBV Social Worker - Mount Lebanon
In order to apply for this vacancy you need to complete the template on the following link:
A member of our Human Resources team will contact you soon if your profile is considered for the job vacancy, and if more information is needed. If you are not being approached by our Human Resources team, please consider your application automatically registered in our database.
Caritas Lebanon is committed to all Safeguarding Principles and will not tolerate any act in any shape or form of misuse regarding Child Safeguarding Policies and Sexual Exploitation Abuse or Harassment (SEA). All staff must understand that Caritas Lebanon will apply a zero-tolerance policy to SEA and any harassment of any type. Caritas Lebanon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. Moreover, Caritas Lebanon will not share any personal data with anyone outside Caritas Lebanon whatsoever unless requested by Law. All applicants are strictly required to adhere to these standards. Therefore, the selected applicant shall be requested to provide additional information to conduct the needed background check.
In addition, Caritas Lebanon will reserve its rights not to hire any applicant who was previously reported for a SEA incident.
MAJOR DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide listening and counseling services to GBV survivors, fill the social file and integrate all related information on the system
• Provide the case management and follow up
• Respond to emergency cases and run the 24-hour helpline
• Liaise with lawyers for legal consultations, and refer beneficiaries to relevant service providers when needed
• Coordinate with external stakeholders to resolve the survivors’ problems
• Ensure proper follow up on all actions to be considered for individual cases till achieving desired results
• Report to the shelter’s coordinator the critical cases for final approval on the actions to be taken
• Prepare progress monthly reports on cases of beneficiaries and on activities implemented
• Update weekly the beneficiaries list
• Accompany survivors to investigations in police stations and hearings in courts
• Work occasionally on weekends or after the working hours for very urgent cases (investigations, medical issues…) in coordination with the shelter coordinator
• Participate in training and conferences
• Follow Caritas Lebanon operational policy and procedures
• Respect the internal policies and procedures for example: dress code, attendance, discipline, etc.
• Complete schedules, activity planners, monitor staff availability and act against any shortfalls
• Resolve any staff issues and escalate any unresolved issue to the related manager
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisor
- • Bachelor degree in Social Work
• Communication, writing, analytical and negotiation skills
Related Work Experience:
• 2 to 3 years of experience in related field
• English, Arabic and French
• MS-Word / MS-Excel – Intermediate level
دليل مدني، شبكة المجتمع المدني، يوفر للمنظمات منصة لنشر الوظائف, وليس مسؤول عن عملية التوظيف. كل منظمة مسجلة على دليل مدني هي مسؤولة بشكل فردي عن منشوراتها وعن عملية التوظيف.
- جبل لبنان