Renewable Energy Consultancy - ARE Activity
Qualified applicants must submit their resume and cover letter to LebanonAre Recruitment on: [email protected] and write in the subject line: "Renewable Energy Consultancy". Applications that do not follow this naming methodology in the subject line will not be considered. Following screening of eligible candidates who meet the needs of ARE activity, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further screening and interviewing. Phone calls will not be accepted. Cover letter is a must. Applications must be submitted by December 08, 2023, any applications after the submission deadline will not be considered.
Applicants must submit the below deliverables to [email protected] to be eligible for screening:
- Resume and Cover Letter.
- Contact information for 3 references, including name, company, title, email and telephone number.
- Proof of education, copy of university degree diploma.
- Copy of valid passport or national ID card.
- Expected daily rate.
- Ministry of Finance registration “ تسجيل مؤسسة” or “ مهنة حرة”. If not provided, 7.5% tax will be deducted from invoice/daily rate
The Lebanon Agriculture and Rural Empowerment (ARE) program is a multi-year project funded by USAID to develop rural economics in Lebanon through support to the agro-food sector and other industries to unlock local and export sales potential while also creating jobs and increasing farmers’ and worker’s incomes. ARE will increase jobs; improve incomes; improve female participation and employment opportunities; increase domestic and export sales; increase private sector investment; improve access to finance; link value chain actors to domestic and international markets; and improve farm production through improved practices, technology, increased volume, and/or decreased cost, sales potential while also creating jobs and increasing farmers’ and workers’ incomes.
Through upcoming programming, ARE will install solar system upgrades to food producers and processing companies. ARE will investigate the use of off-the shelf technology and/or processes to help optimize energy usage and lower the cost of production. With the help of an energy engineer, ARE will develop technical and financial feasibilities that clearly illustrate the savings along with the expected operation and maintenance costs over the lifespan of all installations. The energy engineer STTA will help support the grant/procurement process and oversee the installation and handover or acceptance of equipment to ensure the specifications are met.
Summary of Position
The Lebanon Agriculture and Rural Empowerment (ARE) program is undertaking a number of interventions that include a solar system component or other distribution of electro-mechanical equipment. ARE is seeking an electrical engineer STTA(s) to support with multiple tasks including:
1. Conducting in depth evaluation of applications for food processing companies seeking to lower their fuel consumption and/or optimize their energy usage.
2. Conduct technical due diligence visits/site assessments and develop detailed site assessment reports for potential assistance recipients.
3. Provide technical support in the review and selection of submitted bids.
4. Review and assess the final design simulations and shop drawings for each photo-voltaic (PV) system.
5. Supervise renewable energy installations and provide commissioning report.
6. Conduct quality assurance visits and review of electro-mechanical equipment and material assistance other than the PV systems.
Deliverables and Timeline
1. Desk review of applications, detailed evaluation including assessment of applications of the technical, operations and financial capacities of the applicants (7 new applications in total): 1-2 days
2. Site visit to passing applicants prior to final selection including preparation of site visit checklist (7 new applications in total): 3-4 days
3. Attend the technical kickoff for the grants (for 15 grants): 3-4 days
4. During the implementation phase: review and assess the final design simulations and shop drawings for each system (for 15 grants): 7-8 days
5. During implementation supervision: conducting monitoring visits during all stages of the implementation, including the final verification and commissioning report (for 15 grants): 65-68 days
6. Quality assurance review and review of equipment and material assistance (different interventions): 10-14 days
The estimated LOEs suggested in the table for each deliverable are indicative and non-binding yet with a total LOE ceiling up to 100 workings days (not to exceed).
Place of Assignment
The Consultant can work remotely, however is welcome to work from ARE’s program office space in Beirut and will be expected to travel to areas of operation throughout the country as needed.
The Consultant will report directly to the ARE TASC Program Director and/or Program Manager.
- A graduate degree or equivalent in a relevant field such as engineering, environmental sciences.
- Minimum of 5 years experience designing and supervising the implementation of PV systems. Experience in Food processing and Farming is a plus.
- Previous and verifiable experience working with international development organizations and/or donors on PV System design and installation.
- Proven experience reviewing and providing written feedback on renewable energy technical bids.
- Demonstrated experience delivery high quality technical and financial report outlining cost/benefit, return on investment, and energy savings.
- Excellent English and Arabic speaking and writing skills.
دليل مدني، شبكة المجتمع المدني، يوفر للمنظمات منصة لنشر الوظائف, وليس مسؤول عن عملية التوظيف. كل منظمة مسجلة على دليل مدني هي مسؤولة بشكل فردي عن منشوراتها وعن عملية التوظيف.