Interested candidates please apply on the following link: Security Manager Application Form
Attention: The above link is the only official link for the application. Any other link does not represent INTERSOS.
Applications submitted through email will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that INTERSOS does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process.
INTERSOS is an International NGO that works to bring assistance to people in danger, victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Established in 1992 with support from the Italian Federation of Trade Unions, its actions are based on the values of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equal rights and opportunities for all people and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying particular attention to the most vulnerable and the unprotected.
INTERSOS identifies with the core values of CONCORD, the European Confederation of NGOs; it adheres to international codes of conduct for humanitarian organizations and the values and principles expressed within those codes. INTERSOS is recognized by the Italian Ministry for Foreign Affairs, the European Commission and the principal UN agencies; it is privileged to hold an advisory status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
INTERSOS is an independent association which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world's poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure. The head office in Italy coordinates, supports and monitors the planned activities in the countries of intervention carried out by decentralized offices.
The below is a tentative vacancy.
Position: Security Manager
Level: Coordination/Beirut, with regular travel to all the implementation areas in Mount Lebanon, Bekaa, South, & North Lebanon
Supervises (Hierarchical): Country Liaison Officer
Supervises (Technical): Country Liaison Officer, Base Security Assistants
Reporting to (Hierarchical): Head of Mission
Reporting to (Technical): Regional Security Coordinator (Roving)
Under the supervision of the Head of Mission:
- Advise and support the Head of Mission to define and develop the security strategy of the mission;
- Ensure that adequate structures and systems for safety and security management are in place and are respected, and that the security strategy of the mission is implemented fully;
- Ensure capacity building and technical support to the security staff;
- Provides strategic advice to Senior Management Team on security, access, staff safety and risk management;
1. Mission security policies and strategies
- In coordination with Head of Mission, design and implement security strategies and protocols; ensure that the mission security plan (CPPs and related SOPs) are updated at least annually and remain in line with context and situational analysis.
- In coordination with Head of Mission/Head of Base conduct and supervise security risk assessments and risk analysis and advice the Head of Mission/Head of Base on security measures for INTERSOS offices, project activities and staff.
- Ensure that all INTERSOS premises maintain an adequate and standardized level of security equipment and contingency supplies (hibernation supplies, safety equipment, communication means, etc).
- Ensure all routes used by INTERSOS staff and vehicles are subject to security assessments, maintain a clear approval policy for all movements in the mission, and implement and monitor movement tracking systems.
2. Context analysis and access coordination
- Stay well informed of political, security, humanitarian and economic developments in the country which may have implications for staff security or safety.
- Develop reliable information networks to gather and triangulate information relevant to INTERSOS staff and organizational security from various sources, and translate this information into actionable points to strengthen staff security/safety.
- Collect, analyse and report data on security incidents on a regular basis.
- Provide the Head of Mission and other SMT members with timely and credible security information and contextual analysis of the local security situation through incident alerts and regular analytical reports.
- Ensure that regular security briefings are conducted to staff in coordination and field offices.
- In coordination with Country Liaison Officer, map actors present in the areas and develop strategies for their management in order to improve access to the implementation areas
3. Staff management, technical support & capacity-building
- Participate in recruitment of Security & Liaison Officers/Assistants and support the identification of other local staff to act as security focal points in the field.
- Line manage Liaison Officer /Coordination level.
- Provide training, coaching and technical support to INTERSOS security staff and focal points; develop and implement capacity-building plans for all key staff on the mission.
- Develop and facilitate security trainings for all the mission staff to enhance INTERSOS operational safety.
- Build staff awareness of movements’ procedures and other fundamental security-related SOPs.
- Develop and refine tools used by the security department.
4. Support communication on standards and procedures
- Ensure a comprehensive of system of security briefings for all new staff in the field at coordination level is developed and delivered; personally deliver security briefings to new staff or visitors in country.
- Conduct or supervise pre-deployment trainings/briefings to field team members going to new areas of operations or other situations of heightened risk.
- Review existing security coordination mechanisms for the operational bases and provide recommendations to improve the flow of security information.
- In coordination with Liaison Officer, facilitate the set-up of clear communication channels within the mission, including maintaining communication trees at different levels (mission, governorate, district, etc).
- Inform international and national staff about any changes made to security procedures in order to promote a safer environment.
5. Incident and crisis management
- Act as the main focal point for response to critical incidents and crises; provide any urgently-needed advice and guidance to staff involved in incidents; ensure that incidents are reporting promptly to the Head of Mission.
- Support and advise the Head of Mission on incident and crisis management and in coordination with other parties (governmental or non-governmental) as directed.
- Prepare and follow up on incidents reports and investigations into security incidents and events affecting INTERSOS staff and offices; prepare or supervise the preparation of incident reports to be sent to the Head of Mission.
- Regularly review and propose revisions to contingency planning according to changes in context; ensure that security drills related to contingency planning and incident response are regularly conducted.
Education and professional experience:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent.
- Relevant equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of humanitarian safety practices and principles.
- Technical experience in security management.
- At least five (5) years of relevant professional work experience.
- Demonstrated experience of humanitarian negotiation (with national authorities, local authorities, non-state actors, military forces).
- Valid driving License issued since more than 2 years.
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Excellent knowledge of Lebanon security context
- High confidentiality, respect and non-discriminatory attitude; culturally- and gender-sensitive.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, a proven team player, with ability to work in multi-cultural environment.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills (demonstrated, with samples requested)
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure; stress-resilient.
- Attention to details and observation skills in order to immediately notice and anticipate any security risk.
- Humanitarian motivation and commitment to INTERSOS values
- Respect of Intersos policies and procedures
دليل مدني، شبكة المجتمع المدني، يوفر للمنظمات منصة لنشر الوظائف, وليس مسؤول عن عملية التوظيف. كل منظمة مسجلة على دليل مدني هي مسؤولة بشكل فردي عن منشوراتها وعن عملية التوظيف.