Administration/Facilities Management Intern
For interested Applicants, Application will ONLY be accepted Via following link:
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with a network of 192-member National Societies. The overall aim of the IFRC is “to inspire, encourage, facilitate, and promote at all times all forms of humanitarian activities by National Societies with a view to preventing and alleviating human suffering and thereby contributing to the maintenance and promotion of human dignity and peace in the world.” The IFRC works to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people before, during and after disasters, health emergencies and other crises.
IFRC is part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (Movement), together with its member National Societies and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). The work of the IFRC is guided by the following fundamental principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality.
IFRC is led by its Secretary General, and has its Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. The Headquarters are organized into three main Divisions: (i) National Society Development and Operations Coordination; (ii) Global Relations, Humanitarian Diplomacy and Digitalization; and (iii) Management Policy, Strategy and Corporate Services.
IFRC has five regional offices in Africa, Asia Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, Europe, and the Americas. IFRC also has country cluster delegation and country delegations throughout the world. Together, the Geneva Headquarters and the field structure (regional, cluster and country) comprise the IFRC Secretariat
The primary objective of this Administration/Facilities Management Internship is to provide assistance in administrative activities while delivering efficient service and support to the administrative department. Through active participation in tasks, the intern will gain valuable experience in managing building services, executing plans and projects within the administrative department in collaboration with other departments. Additionally, the intern will acquire a fundamental understanding of the administration procurement processes.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and use tracking sheets for maintenance and cleaning services follow-up in IFRC’s main regional office.
- Conduct basic admin. procurement processes with the support of admin. colleagues.
- Update and enhance the office’s inventory checklist.
- Support in unifying the inventory checklist templates in the region’s country offices.
- Support in filing and archiving processes within the administration department.
- Establishing plans for carrying out office maintenance as requested, considering manpower, supplies, and time required.
- Contacting the different offices for supplies and services required.
- Checking the areas concerned and advising the relevant maintenance company to provide the required maintenance.
- Reviewing all incoming requests and deciding on the priority of tasks to be accomplished together with the Facilities Management Officer.
- Conducting inspections to ensure requirements are met.
- Reviewing areas that need more attention other than the maintenance done and advising the Facilities Management Officer on schedules in the cases of meetings, conferences, functions, moving offices or conducting maintenance work in some offices.
- Checking the invoices and service report submitted by the service provider in terms of the work provided in line with the contract, and ensuring accuracy of prices, and outcomes.
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation Secretariat’s goals
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager
- The intern must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program from a recognized university in one of the following fields: Engineering, ideally mechanical, civil, or electrical engineering, and other related fields. The intern must have attended courses in the last 12 months and have completed at least two years undergraduate studies. - Required
- Preferred one (1) year experience in facilities management, building management, contracts management, and administrative services. - Preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Languages
- Understanding of the humanitarian context. - Required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, diverse cultural context. - Required
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel). - Required
- Fluently spoken and written Arabic & English. - Required
- Fluently spoken and written French. - Preferred
Competencies, Values and Comments
IFRC provide equal employment Opportunities