Human Resources Coordinator
All individuals interested in being part of this programming and who fit the criteria listed below should apply by sending an email to [email protected] under the subject “Human Resources Coordinator”.
Women, trans*, and gender non-conforming individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Short-listed candidates may be subject to a technical assessment as part of the selection process.
- Manage and implement the entire Helem recruitment process, including creating job descriptions, advertising, contracts, selection, and scheduling of interviews;
- Expand, oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance and centralized the needs and well-being of staff members;
- Oversee and manage any and all staff capacity-building efforts and manage all applications for external opportunities;
- Maintain a pay plan and benefits program and assist in the management of employee public and private healthcare plans;
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances, or other issues;
- Manage the entire employee onboarding process including the meticulous introduction to the Helem employee handbook;
- Ensure the continuous update and improvement of all HR policies including the employee handbook;
- Ensure that Helem’s employee code of conduct is respected at all times and that refresher sessions are given on an annual basis and when the need arises;
- Support and engage with all internal and external investigations concerning employee conduct when they arise;
- Maintain a meticulous record and oversight over employee vacation schedules, sick and bereavement leaves; organizational holidays, attendance, and other issues;
- Ensure full legal compliance for all HR-related matters;
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation, and preservation of human capital;
- Nurture an ethical, collaborative, and positive working environment;
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics;
- Provide advice and expertise on program and project implementation, including strategic, administrative, and logistical support when needed;
- Assist in any other tasks deemed necessary by the center or organization’s leadership.
- Proven working experience as HR Manager or other HR Executive
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Industrial and Organizational Psychology or any related field
- People-oriented and results-driven
- Demonstrated experience with Human Resources metrics
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Demonstrated commitment to gender equality, diversity, and inclusion
- Passion for advocating for human rights in the workplace and beyond.
- Familiarity with implementing diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices