Training on PROJECT DESIGN, FUNDRAISING AND MEAL
EuroMed Feminist Initiative (EFI) is a policy network that provides expertise in the field of gender equality, democracy building and citizenship, and advocates for political solutions to all conflicts, and peoples´ rights to self-determination. It encompasses women’s rights organizations from the two shores of the Mediterranean and seeks to correct the gender power imbalances through ending discrimination and oppression of women and bringing about positive change for the whole society. Headquarters are in Paris, with offices in Amman and Beirut. You can visit our website to know more about our work: www.efi-ife.org
Within the scope of this project, a series of two training sessions will be offered to Syrian activists, focusing on project design, fundraising, and Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL). These comprehensive trainings aim to enhance the activists' capacity to effectively manage their programs, evaluate their progress, and assess the impact of their initiatives on beneficiaries and stakeholders. Each training session will accommodate around 20 participants, ensuring a conducive learning environment and ample opportunities for interactive engagement.
The appointed consultant will be responsible for delivering both training sessions. The first training will be conducted online, accommodating participants who are unable to travel. This virtual format ensures inclusivity and allows for broader participation. The second training will be held in Beirut, enabling face-to-face interaction and facilitating deeper engagement and networking opportunities among the participants.
Objectives of the consultancy
Our goal is to provide a comprehensive training workshop to enhance participants' capacity in project design, fundraising, and MEAL. By strengthening organizational capacities, our partners will secure sustainable funding, improve project management, and establish valuable connections with donors. This will enable them to better support women and girls affected by the crisis in Syria, while upholding their dignity and adhering to humanitarian standards. Participants will gain valuable knowledge and skills to design impactful projects, raise funds effectively, and implement robust MEAL practices. Strengthened capacities will lead to improved assistance for women and girls, ensuring their voices are heard and their needs are met in line with humanitarian principles.
Scope of work
- Enhance the trainees’ understanding of what project design, fundraising and MEAL principles are, their value to programming, and how it helps their organization achieve its desired results
- Enable the trainees to develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate a strategic plan using Project Design and RBM principles.
- Enhance the trainees understanding of the purpose, content, and function of a MEAL plan
- Enable the trainees to develop a comprehensive MEAL plan and budget for a project or program
The training program is scheduled to be implemented between the first week of August until mid-September.
Qualifications, Background and Experience:
- Excellent written and spoken English skills required
- Fluency in Arabic and ability to train in Arabic as the training will be fully in Arabic
- Extensive experience working on the Syrian context and on the Syrian refugee crisis
- High knowledge of women’s rights issues is an asset
- More than 10 years of experience in non-governmental organizational capacity building particularly in terms of RBM, MEAL, fundraising and budgeting
How to apply
Requirements for Submission:
The candidates interested in this training should provide the following information to the email [email protected]:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Financial proposal for the 2 trainings
- Brief concept note including training plan and topics
Only registered consultants and consultancy firms are eligible for this opportunity.منتهية الصلاحية