5 qualified Outreach Volunteers (1 based in Saida, 1 based in Masaken-Tyre, 1 based in Bourj Rahal, 1 Base in Maaraki and 1 based in Sediqeen)
The deadline for submission of CV is on Monday June 05, 2023. The interested applicants should send their CV to the following email [email protected], mentioning the title of the position applied for, and their home address. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will undergo a Panel interview with the Management team.
Terre des hommes - Foundation (Lausanne) is seeking 5 qualified Outreach Volunteers (1 based in Saida, 1 based in Masaken-Tyre, 1 based in Bourj Rahal, 1 Base in Maaraki and 1 based in Sediqeen) for its “MAKANI Program”.
In local context, the Outreach Volunteer will be responsible to conduct direct outreach including door to door approach, walk in, etc. and to identify the children needing education and CP services in order to refer them to MAKANI community centers within UNICEF project through:
The volunteers are required to have the following skills:
- Good communication skills to explain the ideas clearly and persuasively.
- The ability to meet deadlines.
- Follow through the CSP and PSEA ethical obligations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the identification and coordination of outreach events and activities including qudwa event related to education, youth, child protection, health and nutrition, networking meetings to help connect the community with education and CP services for both external and internal community members.
- Assist the peer-to-peer mobilization and enhance the protection of the target group.
- Work closely with Tdh’s and MS’s staff within MAKANI program to receive technical support and guidance.
- Assist with planning work on weekly and monthly basis in accordance with the Outreach work plan.
- Support in preparation of outreach work and conduct frequent outreach visits with identified communities.
- Help coordinate with local key leaders to hold community events and provide information about the MAKANI program.
- Work with local communities to ensure that the project activities have widespread acceptance before and throughout the cycle of the projects.
- Conduct sensitization and information provision sessions on implemented activities in a participatory and empowering manner.
- Carry out data collection and surveys through door-to-door visits.
- Ensure that all beneficiaries who need further assistance are referred to other relevant services;
- Assess the needs of individuals engaging in various activities and highlight alarming trends (such as high number of out-of-school children, child labor cases, early marriage, and many others);
- Academic Background: Schooling education: High School
- Experience: Driving experience
- Skills and Organizational competencies
- Good Communication and interaction
- Mission oriented
- Conflict Sensitivity
- Respect for the institutional framework:
- Innovation & Development
- Language & Computer skills: Masters language useful for the job: Arabic is a must, Good understanding of English language. Basic knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Other Skills: Driving License on hand
Reports to: Makani Center Manager
Location/Travel: Tyre and Saida
Tdh Foundation, Lausanne has a zero tolerance to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse of beneficiaries. Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s responsibility and all staff are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct, that enshrines principles of PSEA, always (both during work hours and outside work hours). Familiarization with, and adherence to, the Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all staff.