Interested individuals should submit their CV & Cover Letter by June 6, 2023 to
[email protected] indicating in the subject line “Programs Manager.” E-mails with no subject lines will be disregarded.
The interview process will be ongoing, and might end upon receiving a qualified candidate for the position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants who have a personal relationship/association with a CLDH staff member are required to declare it in their email application.
The Lebanese Center for Human Rights (CLDH) is a local non-profit, non-partisan Lebanese human rights organization based in Beirut. CLDH was created in 2006 by the Franco-Lebanese Movement SOLIDA (Support for Lebanese Detained Arbitrarily), which has been active since 1996 in the struggle against arbitrary detention, enforced disappearance and the impunity of those perpetrating gross human rights violations.
CLDH monitors the human rights situation in Lebanon, fights enforced disappearance, impunity, arbitrary detention and racism and rehabilitates the victims of torture. CLDH regularly organizes press conferences, workshops and advocacy meetings on human rights issues in Lebanon and collects, records and documents human rights abuses in reports and press releases.
CLDH team on the ground supports initiatives aimed at determining the fate of all missing persons in Lebanon.
CLDH regularly follows up on numerous cases of arbitrary detention and torture in Lebanon in coordination with Lebanese and international organizations, and with the United Nations Working Group on Arbitrary Detention WGAD and the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture.
CLDH currently has 4 offices: Zalka, Dora, Beqaa and Tripoli.
The Programs Manager reports directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for planning, designing and implementing the different projects in all CLDH offices in Dora, , Beqaa and Tripoli.
Duties and Responsibilities:
●Create a detailed work plan which identifies the sequence of the activities needed to successfully complete and reach project’s outcomes
●Coordinate with CLDH staff on their tasks related to the different program’s activities
- Manage CLDH programs and oversee the implementation of the different components
- Support the Executive Director in the management of CLDH’s component
- Execute the projects according to the set plan of activities agreed
- Supervise the filling of the forms and records by the project team and ensure proper project activities documentation
- Implement a filing system that would ensure all project information are appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project and achievements of the set targets in coordination with the M&E team
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Ensure the regular update of the project’s M&E plan by supporting the M&E team in their coordination with the project team
- Manage staff and properly delegate tasks to other members in the department and provide guidance while ensuring their skills development
- Develop and maintain relationships with partners and authorities on national and international levels to ensure smooth operation of the projects in charge
- Work closely with partners on implementing the projects according to our plans and commitments with the donors
- Represent CLDH in different seminars/events and network with other stakeholders
- Always respect CLDH’s visibility guidelines in external meetings and representations
- Ensure that the projects are properly evaluated and lessons learned are drawn in close coordination with the M&E team
- Support the evaluation of the results, outputs and outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase in coordination with the M&E team
- Participate and support the M&E team in the external project/program evaluations
- Participate and support M&E team in creating and developing relevant tools for data collection, monitoring and evaluation. Protection and legal support:
- Keep abreast of political, social, economic and cultural developments that have an impact on the protection environment and provide advice to senior management.
- Ensure that the perspectives, capacities, needs and resources of the beneficiaries are reflected in the protection strategy, planning processes and operations plan addressing the specific protection needs of victims
- Ensure legal assistance is accessible when needed for persons of concern; liaise with competent authorities to ensure the issuance of personal and other relevant documents (civil documentation, in particular birth certificates etc…)
- Ensure that durable solutions and help are provided in a sustainable way to all beneficiaries.
- Promote confidence building and conflict resolution among populations of concern; authorities and host communities
- Supervise and support the team to fulfill their tasks
- Organize regular meetings with the head of the legal department to review the cases, and provide support accordingly
- Oversee the implementation of the rehabilitation activities in the North and Mount Lebanon in close coordination with the center coordinator.
- Follow up closely with professionals to ensure the efficiency of services
Fundraising and Proposal Writing:
- Support the M&E and executive director in the fundraising and proposal writing process.
- Lead on the activity development and description in close coordination with the executive director and head of departments.
- Develop the budget related to the activities and follow up on it with the finance team
Finance and Budget:
- The PM will be the budget holder for activities and approve payments accordingly
- Plan and update the monthly budget in close coordination with the finance team
- Verify and approve all supporting documents for the procurement process and ensure that the team attached the requested documents before sending them to the finance.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Great communication skills and team player
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Advanced organization and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Fluency in English, French and Arabic languages
Minimum of Bachelor degree in Social Sciences, Law, Political Science, Management or other related fields.
The Program Manager is based in Dora, with visits to other CLDH’s Offices in Zalka, Beqaa and Tripoli.